Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC 120 at 13,000 feet above sea level

Bhutan

Country Flag
bhutan
A couple of photos of the region, and the 120 at 13,000' above sea level in the Himalayas (4,000 metres in new money!)
Prayer Flags.JPG
LC & Yaks.JPG
Landing.JPG Monestary.JPG Road Sign.JPG 3,988m.JPG Prayer Flags 2.jpg

Crikey that plane looks as though its about to take that roof off.....

Nice, notice any power loss due to altitude, or does FI and the ECU fix that?

Excellent, I love getting some altitude in the truck, but 2,300m is the limit here, which pales away compared with 4,000m.

And, how is your truck so clean on those tracks?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
what Tony said - notice anything different about it? I expect the turbo evens it all out?

Looks very cool there.

Nice, notice any power loss due to altitude, or does FI and the ECU fix that?

Hi Tony & Crispin

Good question, and one that I can't answer truthfully as I have never driven the truck at sea level. I live at 7,350' above sea level and the maximum speed limit out of town is a hair-whooshing 50 kmph, so she never really gets a workout!

However, the 120 certainly didn't struggle at 13,000', so imagine the FI, ECU and turbo were working hard to try and make no real noticeable difference to the vehicle performance...

Excellent, I love getting some altitude in the truck, but 2,300m is the limit here, which pales away compared with 4,000m.

And, how is your truck so clean on those tracks?

Hey Clive,

The truck had a full body polish a couple of weeks ago, and it hasn't rained here since early October when the monsoon finished, so dust is the issue here, not dirt!

Blue skies virtually until April, bring it on!

Back