Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC 200 2013 India GPS Maps

Gaurav

Country Flag
india
Hi Guys,
I am new to this forum, so don't know what to expect.

After a long wait of 5 months, my 2013 LC200 finally arrived in August 2013.
It is without doubts a very nice beast.

Unfortunately, It comes with a Navigation GPS software which has only European Maps.
I have talked to the dealer and Company reps. but they don't have a solution. The dealer says he can install an additional device.

Obviously, I do not need another device, its just the software needs to be updated with India maps.

What do I do? Please advice.

Regards,

Gaurav

Gaurav

I am not sure exactly how it works in the 200 but in my 120 the satnav system is located under the driver's seat and takes DVDs. When I was looking for world maps for our trip across central asia / china / SE Asia, all I was able to get for the 120 system were UK and Ireland, Western Europe and Eastern Europe. The only solution that I could find for the balance of the world was to install a new system. The SatNav system that is installed in the 120 series in the UK is, for example, a different system to the one installed in the Australian version and the discs are not compatible. Surely the Toyota dealer that you bought it from would have come across this as an issue before?

Sorry I don't have any better information.

Leigh

Thanks Leigh,
The Toyota Dealer in India has no clue and don't care and so is the company.

This system is touch screen and compact. Everything in one small box with a secured software.
So the dealer does not want to do anything beyond the book and the company guys say they will get back (They have been saying this from the past 3 months).

Cheers,
Gaurav

Hi All

can any one tell me why the land cruiser 200 diesel in South africa have less power then the ones in other countries ?
can i do any thing to have the same amount off power then them

Hi Gaurav,

I am also facing the same problem. I live in Kerala. I bought a LC200 very recently. The navigation system does not cover the map of India and only shows the European countries. I have contacted the Toyota's dealers but they don't seem to be knowing a thing nor want to help. It's a shame as we customers pay hefty price for this vehicle in India and experience all these.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi sooraj, I am still struggling to find the update for the maps for India.

This is indeed very unfortunate , my LC came with Map for Mid East albeit old and updating is very expensive. I think you need to make some noise or ask for a refund for the maps . Tried Toyota website ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is indeed very unfortunate , my LC came with Map for Mid East albeit old and updating is very expensive. I think you need to make some noise or ask for a refund for the maps . Tried Toyota website ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In western australia, i have been inforned that there is an SD card available replace the one already installed. There will be a new release in 2017.

image.jpeg
Hi guys this is Prathap from Chennai and we bought a 2016 Land Cruiser 200 recently which is equipped with Toyota Touch 2 Navigation system but unfortunately still the navigation covers only European countries. This version of Land Cruiser comes with the maps loaded in a SD card . My Toyota dealer tried inserting the SD card from the Corolla Altis and New Innova Crysta which have Indian maps but this Land Cruiser doesn't seem to be reading that chip . Can anyone help me find a solution for this ? image.jpeg

If you can access the chip/system from a PC and find the currently installed maps, export them into a program that can analyse them, find the format they use, and which datum system that format requires, you should be able to make your own maps and export them in the correct format. Maybe Toyota can advise of the correct format/datum system so you can check the software can do it (I presume it can it seems to be able to handle any format)

More info here http://faq.walkingworld.com/afmmain.aspx?faqid=67
And Here http://www.the-thorns.org.uk/mapping/

It sounds difficult, but it's only a bit of a tech learning curve, most of the software is free, MAP2MPAC is the only program you need to actually buy and that's only £15.

I'm currently on the learning curve myself trying to stitch maps from different countries together (I'd like the whole Pyrenees area on one map inc France and Spain across the boarders) calibrate them, and export into a format my GPS software (Memory Map) can use. Good Luck!

Back