Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC-80 oil pressure metre not working

Rajith

Country Flag
india
Friends,

I have a LC 80 - Limited edition series done about 180000kms used in India - 12V. One fine day oil pressure meter stopped working. I suspected a faulty sensor and got new one from Rought Trax 83520-60011. Even after replacement with new GAGE ASSY,OIL PRESSURE SENDER readings are not showing.

When i ground the meter wire near the sender its showing full and when i connect a third party external meter to sender it is also working. Individually meter and sender units seems fine, not working when coupled.Please help me to solve this puzzle

Hi Rajith, welcome along. Once you find the answer please be sure to post it here as there are many other 80's with non functioning oil pressure gauges. Some have fitted mechanical ones. I'd get the pressure tested for real on the side of the block to check it's genuinely good enough and then simply forget about the gauge like we do.

I bought a medium priced electric gauge which came with its own matching sensor.
But as Chris said, one you’ve got peace of mind, you can forget about it.

I added a second sender unit and gauge to run alongside the Toyota one. At least I know there is some oil pressure, which is all I need to know.

Hi there 80 series owners
I'm new to the site and was hoping some of you could help with advice
I've snapped the Axel Studs on my 1990 HZJ80 rear drum brakes
Have found out from the previous owner this is the 5th time on that left Axel
Have manage to remove old studs and had a slight skim on the hub face and inside the Axel due to burrs
2 out of the 6 Axel/split cone holes are slightly ovalis this an Issue?
Plan B
I was lucky enough to pick up a Rear back end for a 1992 80 series with rear Discs/brake drums in great condition
Is this a better option and if so how hard is it to swap?
Can you recommend someone who could do this for me
Many thanks
David
Ps I've just sold my 1983 HJ47 Troopy that I owned for 36 yrs and never ever had any issues,I'm now sorry it's Sold

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

There are a couple of reasons this can happen. When mine started reading low I removed and recalibrated the pressure sensor, a bit of fiddly job and certain precautions need to be taken however, during testing I had earthed out the gauge and this caused the needle hinge to jump of it's clip/retainer, only visible if you look really carefully. Once found and the calibration set it has behaved perfectly since.

regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@David Kirk your post has arrived at the wrong place, a mod will soon move it for you, in the meantime you can swap the axles but will probably find the ratio is different? No problem until you use the centre diff lock, the car will simply not move until something breaks.

regards

Dave

Back