Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC 80 series Transmission Relay

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Part number 89531-60010 for my Landcruiser as mine has died!! It is the one that is behind the autobox ecu in the right hand footwell.

So right not I have no centre difflock, so I also can not use the axle lockers :(

Before anyone asks how do I know, I found out in the worse place today!! I have also got the offending part in my hand!

Paul

Well I have messaged 3 people about this part and only one has gotten back to me!!

So £40 it is :o

Funny this should be posted today.

I was mooching around under the dash today (as you do) and spotted this. As far as I'm aware my box is the early one that isn't solenoid controlled.... so what's in doing in my truck? Is it a spare part that was destined for Paul's LC.

transrelay.jpg

That's not the gearbox ECU :) Without looking it up in the EWD I couldn't tell you what it does but from PH's post it's got something to do with the center diff lock ;)

Ooops :oops:

Thanks Jon.... apologies for the thread hijack Paul.

It has a lot to do with the CDL Jon :) It is the bit that works it. It is made up of a little board and 3 small relays. One of the 3 is not working on mine that is why the CDL is not working.

So I think you better off leaving yours in place ;)

Bit it looks like I will order the 2nd hand one. I just can not belive that people advertise parts for sale/breaking cars and when you ask them for a part (with a sale waiting) they can not be bothered to get back to me!!

The one that did, sent a message saying he was not sure that he had the part, then another message saying he had the part with a price!!

Paul

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bat21 said:
Ooops :oops:

Thanks Jon.... apologies for the thread hijack Paul.

Its ok, if I was not working all the hours I would have taken yours out so I could make sure it was that. But I am 99.9% sure it is that.

Paul

How come the CDL needs a 'Black Box' for it to work, surely the diff is either on (locked) or off (open)... why didn't Mr Yota make it simple and not have this box of trickery ne_nau.gif

Good question, I think that is one of the "few" things LR got right. Not that the light for the CDL on a LR always works!!

Paul

I'd guess it needs relays to power the motor, swap polarity for motor direction control and also switch the motor power according to position of the drive gear so it stops running ;) You could just change the 1 relay that has failed Paul? Shame I didn't harvest the box's off my old 80.

I did think of trying of swaping one, but I am not sure of the one that is not working and they are soldered to the board, all looking the same.

I was thinking that Jon, I bet you left the diff ecu in aswell!!

Paul

I didn't take any of the ECU's out, just the CDL switch. I thought someone like stef would have so many of them they'd be virtually worthless and I'm a bit tight for space to have stored them :roll:

By the time you've removed the old one and found a replacement that will fit or made some fly leads it's probably cheaper to get another 'ECU' it was just a thought.

stef has got one now. He text me last night. I have only unpluged the relay. Thw ecu is lose but still pluged in.

Paul

Back