Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC model variations

Mick W

Country Flag
great_britain
Am trying to find the differences between the 90 series KZJ95R and KDJ95R models. Does anyone have any guidance? Just want to be sure I'm ordering correct parts. My vehicle was first registered Aug 2000 and RoughTrax places this between the two models noted above. Cheers

Has yours got the D4D engine or the older 3l unit as the D4D is the KDJ I think
or put you VIN in to Toyo DIY that will tell you what it is

Thanks for that David, mine is the older KZJ95R version :thumbup:

Same body , chassis , drive train just a different engine , Roughtrax were a little concerned about selling me KZJ90 suspension for my KDJ90 (i have both) but i assured them it would be fine and it was .

Guess a lot of components will be compatible. Any noticeable difference in the engine performance Shayne? :auto-mysterymachin::auto-nascar:

That's a difficult one for me to answer Mick because my 1KZ has been modified a lot with regards to power and otherwise . Sensibly the 1KD is the better option , more reliable , more frugal and more powerful than a standard 1KZ ............... though for me it lacks character . But perhaps i feel that way because my 1KZ is a snarling beast that bares little resemblance to the truck i bought drive wise .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back