Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lc100 1FZ-FE excessive fuel consumption

Zainmk

Country Flag
united_arab_emirates
Hey Guys I am New to Lc100 based In Dubai i own a 2006 lc100 with the 1 FZ fe I have noticed That it does not have Any cats Or O2 sensors. guys I Know that These Things are not Meant to be Fuel efficient but I Get around 20L/100 Kms on highway cruising at 80 Kph Not towing anything. I think Thats excessive, I also Get smell Of raw Petrol i guess It could be charcoal canister and also Some Blue Smoke At Startup Only . Any Help Would be appreciated :)

It doesn't need the cat but it does need the o2 sensors to tell the ecu how much fuel is needed . You might get away with only replacing the front sensor which needs plugged in to the exhaust , but then it might throw an engine check light because the second sensor tells the ecu exhaust gases have been cleaned by the cat . Couldn't be no cleaner than if it was only sensing fresh air .

All supposition i planned to experiment with until i found out the law demands i have a working cat fitted here in the UK .

I Got no check engine Lights Is it possible that o2 sensor Goes Bad without throwing an engine light ?

The o2 sensors go into the cat so the were removed with it im guessing , and somehow the ecu has been tricked into delivering fuel at a constant excessive rate .

This is how i imagine it as standard

1660212012102.png

Research 1FZ Cat delete and you will likely find the answers you need

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
1FZ doesn’t have O2 sensors from factory, one of the many reasons it uses a heap of fuel. 20 L/100 is about normal for a 1FZ

Op your fuel use is about right. That's 15mpg which is about expected.

Hi,
I have a LC100 FZJ105 with a 1FZ-FE in 5 speed manual and 33s. Car is weighing in at 3200kg with all the gear in it. Engine has had complete rebuild 15,000km ago. Fuel consumption was 24L/100km Replaced injectors and fuel consumption is now 38L/100km. Ignition system is new and fuel system is new. Most of the engine bay has been replaced radiators etc. Electronics have NOT been touched.

9 days from now I will have a Link G4+ ECU and wide band O2 sensor installed and tuned in the hope of fixing the terrible economy.

I will keep you updated on the results and hopefully this gives some direction on how to fix this issue.

Brendon

Attachments

• 20230130_142843.jpg
    20230130_142843.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 28
ECU installed and car tuned today. Fuel injectors that were installed are 400cc the original injectors were 250cc. Car was making 40kw at the wheels and now makes 75kw at the wheels. Car has not been released to me yet as it needs to have it's cold start tuned. Fuel figures to follow.

ECU installed and car tuned today. Fuel injectors that were installed are 400cc the original injectors were 250cc. Car was making 40kw at the wheels and now makes 75kw at the wheels. Car has not been released to me yet as it needs to have it's cold start tuned. Fuel figures to follow.
Hi @hks200s15 what are the updates on consumption after the tune?

@Zainmk I got my 2000 LC100 with 1FZFE in October 2022 in Dubai and am getting about the same average. Best on longer routes I have had so far is about 17 Liters per 100 km driving around 120 km/hr.

Have tracked mine since i got it 12 years ago. 6.2 km / liter avg. when towing 1.2 ton teardrop trailer it’s 5.2 km / liter. 2002 pre-facelift model.

From dubai, my cruiser doesn't have a cat system from factory. Wasn't a requirement then. I get around 25 - 20L/100kms and I realise thats normal. I did wonder about this recent and my search brought me here and also read on a US forum this is about average consumption.

Hey Guys I am New to Lc100 based In Dubai i own a 2006 lc100 with the 1 FZ fe I have noticed That it does not have Any cats Or O2 sensors. guys I Know that These Things are not Meant to be Fuel efficient but I Get around 20L/100 Kms on highway cruising at 80 Kph Not towing anything. I think Thats excessive, I also Get smell Of raw Petrol i guess It could be charcoal canister and also Some Blue Smoke At Startup Only . Any Help Would be appreciated.
The 1FZ-FE in the LC80 was originally advertised for 12mpg city and 15mpg highway. I'd say that your 20L/100km is about right. Replacing the charcoal canister is easy and probably should be done especially if you're hearing venting when opening the fuel cap. Don't forget to check the evap hoses and replace them if they are old. Make sure your taking care of any vacuum leaks.

Back