Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lc5 advice

You should still pamper a workhorse higgy. Feed a donky well and look after him, he will be much more willing to give years of faithfull service...
It will get the oil and filter changed irrespective of what the service book says just for peace of mind.. But the 3rd row seats will be ripped out and the tools slung in, Il treat it to some new front seat covers. and that's that:lol:

It will get the oil and filter changed irrespective of what the service book says just for peace of mind.. But the 3rd row seats will be ripped out and the tools slung in, Il treat it to some new front seat covers. and that's that:lol:
Hi Higgy when you change the oil and the sump is empty look up through the drain plug hole with a torch or take a pic with phone to see if sump strainer is clear , if its dirty with black carbon it needs cleaning as not to starve the engine of oil , If an injector seal has bean leaking it will build up carbon deposits on the strainer and start to block it , even if the injectors have been done they may not have cleaned the strainer . Cost nothing to check when doing an oil change , Good luck .

Hi Higgy when you change the oil and the sump is empty look up through the drain plug hole with a torch or take a pic with phone to see if sump strainer is clear , if its dirty with black carbon it needs cleaning as not to starve the engine of oil , If an injector seal has bean leaking it will build up carbon deposits on the strainer and start to block it , even if the injectors have been done they may not have cleaned the strainer . Cost nothing to check when doing an oil change , Good luck .
Thanks for that.. But its recently had a new sump fitted. and I would hope the strainer was cleaned then.. but I will check. The other thing I was going to ask is iv seen some LC5s with rear door mounted spare wheels. ( mines slung underneath) is it possible to get a bracket to mount on the rear door? Or was it on the rear door for different markets.. Just wondered if it could be done, or if any ones had a go......

Thanks for that.. But its recently had a new sump fitted. and I would hope the strainer was cleaned then.. but I will check. The other thing I was going to ask is iv seen some LC5s with rear door mounted spare wheels. ( mines slung underneath) is it possible to get a bracket to mount on the rear door? Or was it on the rear door for different markets.. Just wondered if it could be done, or if any ones had a go......
I am sure its fine then , It cost nowt to check though so you do right to check it , I check mine every time I do an oil change so as I know the injectors seals are not leaking , only the very early Lc5s / Lc4s have the wheel on the back but the Lc3 had them all the way through the time they were sold .Its a different door they have for the wheel on the back and different rear wiper , a lot of cars with wheels on back door had sagging door problems .

Ok mate thanks for that.. Il leave it where it is....

Im not looking forward to Monday, 'coz' I have to take my trustee Colorado to the dealers, Part of the deal on the LC5. Iv even spoken to the missus about just giving him the extra cash and keeping my old Collie.. Its crazy I know but I cant bear to part with it. its like giving away the pet dog.... Il have to man up that's all:icon-cry:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Let it go, when I bought my 120 I thought to keep the Collie, driving the 120 shows what a leap forward it actually is when jumping from one to the other. Someone took a fancy ( with a mention from a friend) and it was gone. Do I miss seeing it outside? Yes. Do i miss owning and driving it? No.
I took the V6 Collie out for a spin yesterday, and that can go too.

Let it go, when I bought my 120 I thought to keep the Collie, driving the 120 shows what a leap forward it actually is when jumping from one to the other. Someone took a fancy ( with a mention from a friend) and it was gone. Do I miss seeing it outside? Yes. Do i miss owning and driving it? No.
I took the V6 Collie out for a spin yesterday, and that can go too.
Thanks for the advice. Your right of course. When I got rid of my d4d Hilux I never gave it another thought.. I think its because I didn't rate it that much.. And your right, when I test drove the 120. I thought my god this is quiet and comfy. I can get use to this.... Im gonna let the collie go with its woooooing front diff and all:eusa-shhh: The dealer said hes just gonna export it off to Africa, didn't want to see it or drive it, just drop it off Monday he says.

Thanks for the advice. Your right of course. When I got rid of my d4d Hilux I never gave it another thought.. I think its because I didn't rate it that much.. And your right, when I test drove the 120. I thought my god this is quiet and comfy. I can get use to this.... Im gonna let the collie go with its woooooing front diff and all:eusa-shhh: The dealer said hes just gonna export it off to Africa, didn't want to see it or drive it, just drop it off Monday he says.
At least It will retire in the sun..

At least It will retire in the sun..
I can picture it now, Sat on blocks with its wheels off, with an old belt round the rear diff pumping water out of a well.. for the rest of its days. Ahh! Africa.' The land that time forgot'

I can picture it now, Sat on blocks with its wheels off, with an old belt round the rear diff pumping water out of a well.. for the rest of its days. Ahh! Africa.' The land that time forgot'

More like cut down to window level and a machine gun mounted in the back like they used to do with the 60's years ago.

That's a good idea, I never though of that.:violence-ak47:more exciting than moving water

I am sure its fine then , It cost nowt to check though so you do right to check it , I check mine every time I do an oil change so as I know the injectors seals are not leaking , only the very early Lc5s / Lc4s have the wheel on the back but the Lc3 had them all the way through the time they were sold .Its a different door they have for the wheel on the back and different rear wiper , a lot of cars with wheels on back door had sagging door problems .

I am sure Crispin put an LC3 back door onto his LC5.

They do go on.

Graham

Ha, ha!
Ems 96 rav retired to africa.. i think em had a vision of it sipping fully synthetic on the beach, she was sad to see it go.
i had a vision of it bombing around the desert with a .50 cal mounted to the roof, jam packed with elephant tusks..
:violence-guntoting:
:violence-minigun:

Last edited:
Ha, ha!
Ems 96 rav retired to africa.. i think em had a vision of it sipping fully synthetic on the beach, she was sad to see it go.
i had a vision of it bombing around the desert with a 50 cal mounted to the roof, jam packed with elephant tusks..
Funny that. Coz that's how I picture Africa...:violence-sniperdar:

I am sure Crispin put an LC3 back door onto his LC5.

They do go on.

Graham
Thanks for that Graham, I was hoping for an off the shelf bracket that I could bolt on, if the original hinges were heavy duty.... but the more you look at it there's too much in the way. Door swaps a way though.

I expect we will get a bollocking off a humanitarian shortly..
Yes.. I thought that with my earlier post about Africa being the land that time forgot,.. Then I thought if they can get away with the Burka gags in 'Jokes', I should be safe.

Last edited:
Well, after a small hitch I think/hope today is the day I pick up the 120. The old collie was emptied out, It rose up 2ins on the springs, Im amazed at how much crap I carry around... Il live with the 120 for a week then give an informative and un biased honest verdict.:thumbdown::thumbup: .. so fingers crossed, And thanks for the advice/opinions.

Back