Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC5 audio , climate control,sat nav

• Thread starter Deleted member 13129
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13129

Any one with lc5 or late model invinceable who needs to bring up to date or change touch screen audio , climate control , sat nav , can use this from androidautoshop. com and look for toyota landcruiser 120 Tesla 10.4" touch screen android 6.0 64GB Entertainment system good value too it seems .

Looks a great bit of kit , would save me from making my own using a Raspberry pi micro computer ,as a basis.
Fortunately my Nav , climate control screen still works.. The price of the toyota sat nav European map disks may tempt me to rip the whole system out and update it to this.

What exactly does go wrong with the LC5 touch screen, And is it too scary to ask how much a Euro map costs from Toyota? 'I like Raspberry pie'!:thumbup:

What exactly does go wrong with the LC5 touch screen, And is it too scary to ask how much a Euro map costs from Toyota? 'I like Raspberry pie'!:thumbup:
I have never known one to go wrong , I think that big screen on the tesla is a tad too big for my liking , but if I needed to replace mine I would go for it . as for toyota european maps you can by copies for about £40 on ebay as its only a dvd disk , I bought a 2017/ 2018 east european map copy for Cyprus when I was still living in the UK on ebay it covered all west /north / south/ Europe but not show street names ,but would still get you to your location, but very detailed on Greece and all its islands, Russia and ex soviet nations , Turkey but not Cyprus or Malta so waste of time for me . And I love raspberry pie as well .

I was just wondering Tony. There are members who have mentioned problems with touch screen on the LC5. Iv seen it a few times.. made me think that's all,.... I bought a second hand Tom Tom of ebay for 50 quid with a life time of UK/Euro updates... So Toyota can' shove' their Euro mapping Disc.. And iv discovered the 120 is slightly wider than the Colorado. 'Coz I can pallets in the back a bit easier'!:thumbup:

I was just wondering To ny. There are members who have mentioned problems with touch screen on the LC5. Iv seen it a few times.. made me think that's all,.... I bought a second hand Tom Tom of ebay for 50 quid with a life time of UK/Euro updates... So Toyota can' shove' their Euro mapping Disc.. And iv discovered the 120 is slightly wider than the Colorado. 'Coz I can pallets in the back a bit easier'!:thumbup:
The only problems I have seen are the folk with lc5s who dont have bluetooth and usb ports for apple and mp3 ect I havent heard of anyone having a dud one but I am sure they will be as nothing is totally bulletproof , but if the system does go wrong the tesla kit is a good value replacement or upgrade . Its good to know there is a replacement kit available .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The only problems I have seen are the folk with lc5s who dont have bluetooth and usb ports for apple and mp3 ect I havent heard of anyone having a dud one but I am sure they will be as nothing is totally bulletproof , but if the system does go wrong the tesla kit is a good value replacement or upgrade . Its good to know there is a replacement kit available .
Yeh I think iv mentioned it before, I cant believe there are no ports/socket things for ipod/ mp3.. mines even got a cassette player. the whole thing seems dated. But the sound is second to none.

Yeh I think iv mentioned it before, I cant believe there are no ports/socket things for ipod/ mp3.. mines even got a cassette player. the whole thing seems dated. But the sound is second to none.
Mine has bluetooth , I put a twin usb port were the cig lighter was , and use a type of barrel speaker plugged in the usb port and play ipod or mp3 when I or the wife wants to play music that is not on cds or when my kids come over to visit they plug their crap music in as they dont like my 60s and 70s music , I prefer to use my cds as I have my most loved songs on them that I compiled , the barrel speaker has a very good quality sound for such a small item , I can keep the ipod and speaker fully charged at the same time as its a twin usb port or use my tomtom 20 start euro map and charge the phone at the same time , the twin usb port only cost 4 quid , so I dont need to change anything at the moment , as you say the sound is great, but if my system was to go wrong I am glad there is a replacement at a decent price .

I did enquire at the Stealership as to how much a new 2018 Disc set would cost, and was told around £120 ish depending on whether you wanted Northern or Southern Europe. Yep,you could by a Tom Tom with lifetime maps and be up to date . I am sure there is a way to create a readable disc that would use googlemaps. Alas I am not a software guru. If I was I would give it a shot..

so did anyone tested this unit, do the climate control commands work on it ?

so did anyone tested this unit, do the climate control commands work on it ?
The advert for the unit shows pics of it fitted in the car with the climate control . so I assume they do as the unit is made to replace the Lc5 and late model invincibles 120s .

I did enquire at the Stealership as to how much a new 2018 Disc set would cost, and was told around £120 ish depending on whether you wanted Northern or Southern Europe. Yep,you could by a Tom Tom with lifetime maps and be up to date . I am sure there is a way to create a readable disc that would use googlemaps. Alas I am not a software guru. If I was I would give it a shot..
Where are you seeing a 2018 disc? I can only find the last one as 2015. Did the last few lc5/invincible get a tns update?

Back