Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LED Light Bar for a 120?

garygiles1963

Hi

Has anyone fitted a LED Light bar to a 120 or similiar. Think of adding something someting like in the picture.

Cruiser  led bar.jpg

Has anyone had any experience of these, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICTUNING...264622?hash=item3f7190f3ae:g:6B0AAOSw241YVE5D

How would one go about wiring this so they work with High beam?

The genral consensus seems to be that Cree produce the best LED light, would you guys agree?

Any thoughts and advice would be appriciated.

Thanks

Regards

G.

I got a cheap one from eBay with Cree Leds and it's been amazing. lasted 3 years I think. and nothing wrong.

They are all the same with different badges just look for the highest IP rating you can find , i have been running a 50" ebay special on a commercial fishing trawler for 3 years and it hasn't failed yet .

I didn't see the point in s0ending loads as was expecting a short life on the roof of mine.

may want to have a chat with @4x4obsession as well

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm with the others, Cree are supposed to be the best, but every offer of light bars I've seen have been Cree, it's probably difficult to find non-Cree units.

The only fault I've found with mine is condensation, but I don't think there's much to be done about that, except drill holes in the casing, then it just lets the rain in.

Be sure to mount it firmly, they're quite heavy and any driving on rough terrain will want to shake it loose, or off altogether. I'd avoid trying to bolt it to a plastic bumper, unless there's some tidy steel brackets behind to support it.

Clive

Thanks, your right about the mounting position, 1 its to close the opening of the bonnet and 2 its all plastic bumper around the area I wanted to mount it. I will need extra work to make it suitable for the job.

I need to give it some thought.

Thanks for the input.

G.

Watching this thread with interest, please update with your decision and photos Gary, thank you!

Clive

Thanks, your right about the mounting position, 1 its to close the opening of the bonnet and 2 its all plastic bumper around the area I wanted to mount it. I will need extra work to make it suitable for the job.

I need to give it some thought.

Thanks for the input.

G.

The slam-panel for the bonnet will be steel, so you may be able to make up some 4mm strip steel brackets that bolt to the slam panel and protrude forwards enough to mount the bar.

The bracket mounting bolts will be obscured then, and will look neater.

I have a 17" eBay Cree led light bar mounted as illustrated ( along with a pair of lightforce 170's.

The bumper is plastic, but I've used 2" washers on the underside (access is tight!!!!) And had no issues.

The lightforces have been on years, and the led bar over six months.

I can't post pics, but can easily email or WhatsApp them to someone who can.

Be aware that the lightbars are VERY bright! My 17" bar is just about OK for road use. You could seriously dazzle someone in you were slow to knock main beam off!

Back