Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

led light bar

Copied from the description :
Package included:
2 x 306W 102LEDs Car Work Light

That's what it says, irrespective of what it means :lol:

My problem with light bars is there's little you can judge them by in terms of quality.

I paid much more than that for single units, and much shorter. They are Cree LEDs, and they look solidly built and I would say they work well. That is, when I took them from the box and tested them, they both worked fine. When fitted to the truck, the one on the rear as a work light has three LEDs (top left) not working.

I'll bite the bullet one day and open it up to see if it's just a damaged wire or connector, it did work from the box, so unlikely to be dead LEDs.

one guy did say the spec did you look ok. Then he said he order a set and said thanks for the heads up

Last edited:
Well it all reads OK. Be aware though it's not a UK seller, he's from China which shouldn't be a problem. He sells quite a mixture of other items and his feedback is not perfect.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think you will receive one light bar of 2 row leds .

The IP rating is the only thing worth looking at with regards to quality IP68 is the best rating 50" i have found which went on my boat .

Last edited:
Yep i lost my simrad radar off the gantry once and that's about 3m above the water and half a meter above where the light is mounted .

Good price - keep one in the garage in case the 1st one breaks after a few months!

for 2 works out at 130 pounds

but will buy 2 as wayne will have one

I'll be very surprised if these turn out to give long life and good light. Nowhere does it state the efficacy in lumens. You can pump 300 watts in and get a glimmer if the gubbins inside is rubbish. They're not Cree LEDs and it's cheaper than cheap…

C'mon guys, really!!?

This just has all the hallmarks of ending in tears.

Last edited:
Cheap not good, good not cheap...as the Chinese saying goes.
Shame to see these end up in a landfill or shipped back to China as electronic waste after a couple of times switching on/off. Let us know how well they work..

got some bad news 99% of all led light bars are made in China. Even the name brands come from there, what you are paying for is the label,they cost a lot to make and stick on.

To show a point i brought a 36" light from China £99, about 6 months before a friend got a brand one same size but cost at the time £249. We check mine against his and they were the same expect for the price.

I do agree returning a item to China is not on due to the cost. But remember its up to you to decide where you buy from.

got some bad news 99% of all led light bars are made in China. Even the name brands come from there, what you are paying for is the label,they cost a lot to make and stick on.

To show a point i brought a 36" light from China £99, about 6 months before a friend got a brand one same size but cost at the time £249. We check mine against his and they were the same expect for the price.

I do agree returning a item to China is not on due to the cost. But remember its up to you to decide where you buy from.

I don't think the problem is whether or not it's made in China, what isn't these days, it's just whether it's a quality product or not. That's the thing that's not easily discernible, the only instant guide we have is price, but it doesn't mean an expensive one will be better than a cheaper one.

Must disagree Clive i'm inclined to think most of this stuff is developed in Malaysia then shipped to China for mass production to be sold mostly to the USA . I am pretty sure that was the case with my 3 in 1 gauge i could have bought exactly the same from Oz or the USA for $350 , or for a similar price in the UK with a glowshift badge added to the dial face . Instead i bought it from Alibaba or somewhere similar for about $130 .

Everything is produced as cheaply as possible in today's disposable world so there are little savings to be gained in producing inferior quality .

Must disagree Clive i'm inclined to think most of this stuff is developed in Malaysia then shipped to China for mass production to be sold mostly to the USA . I am pretty sure that was the case with my 3 in 1 gauge i could have bought exactly the same from Oz or the USA for $350 , or for a similar price in the UK with a glowshift badge added to the dial face . Instead i bought it from Alibaba or somewhere similar for about $130 .

Everything is produced as cheaply as possible in today's disposable world so there are little savings to be gained in producing inferior quality .

Malaysia, Taiwan, China, it's all the same to me, cheap labour and lower prices on the world market. Everything is made in these places these days, so if you want the best quality, how do you know where to go and what to ask for?

That's the problem, and I don't think you were disagreeing with the point I was trying to make at all Shayne, even if I didn't put it very well, we both said the same thing in different ways.

Agreed mate the point is price is no indication of quality the price is set by middlemen who can recoup the cost of import 2 fold or 10 fold depending on their own moral calculator .

Back