238.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 20201016_165508.jpg
    20201016_165508.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 20201016_165527.jpg
    20201016_165527.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 71
Hi sorry for the late reply
No not hard to install I just drilled hole in side steps same diameter has what ever side lights you buy on the landcrusier kzj90 model there is spare wiring harness on both driver and passenger rear panels next back door use a test light to find parking lights and earth the other wire to the body I ran mine up through a black rubber grommet under passenger seat and one under driver's seat and ran the wires down both sides behind panels or you could just have run along under carpet on the floor a I just used t tap to connect to exciting wire for the parking lights that are already there some people use these harness to connect uperlights to body eg extra fog lights brake lights etc here in ireland we only have lights on the bumber which Is not great hope this answered your question you can different sets some come in strips with 3m sticky tape I used tek 7 on my ones just to give extra support keep them from falling off

Nice mod :thumbup:

Are the lights connected to your "parking" light or "interior" light circuit ?- personally, I would want them to come on/off with the interior light.

Not sure if universal but when I unlock my truck with the remote, it immediately switches the interior lights on, before you open a door. So this mod would be really useful on dark nights to help see what around the car.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Dorro, not trying to piss on your cornflakes, but I'm wondering about mot time, as you're showing white lights to the side. Hgv normally have amber marker lights down the side. Or do you have a seperate switch that will turn off come mot.? Cheers.

Nice mod :thumbup:

Are the lights connected to your "parking" light or "interior" light circuit ?- personally, I would want them to come on/off with the interior light.

Not sure if universal but when I unlock my truck with the remote, it immediately switches the interior lights on, before you open a door. So this mod would be really useful on dark nights to help see what around the car.
Hi sorry for the late reply there on the parking light circuit my 1998 kzj90 does not have the interior lights Come on when I unlock the doors with the key fob

Hi sorry for the late reply
Never really taught about mot time maybe I should get a toggle switch on them ..... You reckon in the uk you can't have white lights on the side of your car ?

No worries Dorro. I don't know for sure about white to the side, but there are strict rules for colours to front, back, sides, hights of lights etc. As said lorries always show amber on sides. Might be worth checking mate.

I will ask at my local test centre they are very bright I can see out into the fields sideways while I'm driving

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, they are bright ! Good idea mate, he will know straight off. Don't want any run ins with plod.

I looked on a gov.com website, and it said basically same as me. White to front, except amber indicators,
red to rear, except reversing lights, number plate illumination and amber indicators, amber side markers.
Confusing huh? As long as your mot man is happy on the day, he's the one signing. As you say "happy days"
Personally I think Mots are a farce and contradictory anyway, as they are open to interpretation in different check areas, to the guy actually testing. Thanks for getting back with info, Dorro.

Your welcome in Ireland its hit and miss with mot test my father had a ford transit it went for a test and guy failed it on break pads and disc the had a ford garage all in one area he told him they could change them and retest it for him 350 euros for breaks and retest he was mad and said no tour ok brought it 10miles away to another test centre and you know what brakes were all good and passed first time looks like they were trying to get extra work in the workshop
Have a good Christmas and thanks for the reply

Last edited by a moderator:
Back