Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Left Hand Drive Toyota Land Cruiser 105 series

If anyone wants to buy this, please go drive it first. The 1hz is awesome and all that, but it's not a HD cruiser. I really like my 105, but I had to 'learn' the ways of the 1hz.

I have seen that truck and tbh it looks on pretty good order

It looks a peach, but surprised it doesn’t have axle diff-locks...:think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
..., but it's not a HD cruiser. I really like my 105, but I had to 'learn' the ways of the 1hz.
This is absolutely a HD cruiser, but not a 1HD. All 60, 80 and 100 series are HD (Heavy Duty), while the 90, 120 and 150, and parts of the 7x, are Medium Duty.

This is absolutely a HD cruiser, but not a 1HD. All 60, 80 and 100 series are HD (Heavy Duty), while the 90, 120 and 150, and parts of the 7x, are Medium Duty.

Ack. I meant this isnt a 1hd engine. The 1hz behaves and needs consideration on its own merit.

Even though it was obviously the engine which wasn't the 1HD type, I couldn't let those words stay without a remark. It's just blasphemy to write anything indicating that the 105 is not HD, for my OCD mind. :)

BTW, I really liked driving the HZJ80, no problem with power, just had to plan ahead when I wanted to overtake when going uphill.

If anyone wants to buy this, please go drive it first. The 1hz is awesome and all that, but it's not a HD cruiser. I really like my 105, but I had to 'learn' the ways of the 1hz.
I reckon It’s like a rocket ship compared to a 2h powered 60!!

If we are taking specifics, then the 60 - 80 -100 - 200 were never tag'ed heavy duty cruisers. They are a part of the land cruiser station wagon series. The heavy duty and light duty series were branched from the j7 platform. And the 90 - 120 -150 are descended from the light duty series, the 70's of today remain branded heavy duty. AFAIK.

I have no problems with the 1hz in the UK, for what I use it for. But would not want it as my daily drive living in a city here. So if anyone is keen to buy this 105 on offer, I still highly recommend driving it once before bidding on it. Then go buy it :)

Does the hzj105 have the h151f or the r151f transmission? I was very surprised when I looked under a 2014 hzj79 to see a r151f under there just like the light duty lj70! A bit cheap and light I thought! In Australia there's a lot of upgrades to the h151f on the hz's which says quite something. Five stud wheels seem to be a compromise too! The 100's have the cheaper semi floating rear axle aswell. I think the older the HD cruiser the better they were, or should they be called Medium Heavy Duty MHD these days?

It's the r151 on the 105, but it's supposed to be well paired with the 1hz. Going turbo or towing a lot is what kills it ( or so i understand )

It's the r151 on the 105, but it's supposed to be well paired with the 1hz. Going turbo or towing a lot is what kills it ( or so i understand )
Low pressure turbo will be ok, well mine has been

Back