Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb 2, October.

TonyS

Hi,

We are going to have another weekend, October 8 9 10. This is confirmed now, and I will release more details soon.
We will have a booking form available on line, to make it all much easier, and then paid for in advance,though we wont bank cheques until the weekend, incase we cancel due to bad weather.

As it will be cooler then, we will have a big fire both nights, and evening meals can be catered for at our local pub on the caravan site, such as a carvery on Sat night,£8 head including sweet. We can drive to it across the fields,so no worries about police if a few beers have been consumed. ( though I wouldnt let anyone who is way over get into a vehicle, or condone d and d)
This is just an idea, others are welcome. Would like to keep things simple.

Cheers,

Tony.

There is no way I am missing this one now :D :D

As for cooking, Andrew's idea of some 50 gallon drums chopped in half as a communal braai (known as BBQ for the non-saffas ;) )

Where is the "like" button when you need it?

I've written Lincomb across those dates on ALL our calenders :D I will try and sort out a few extra laning routes for then as well as the usual suspects but as ever we'll need people willing to lead a group when the time comes. That's only just over 3 months away :mrgreen:

I will ba able to lead a group, ahould be much better at it this time.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wow! Count me in for this. It's my birthday the week after so I can use that as an excuse to spend some money wearing out my cruiser!

I would be happy to lead a group.

I don't have a calendar but I will print one out just so I can mark it off and stick it on the fridge.

For once it's actually nice not to have a wife/girlfriend/fuhrer to have to ask to get time away! Looking forward to this, have been looking at the photos thinking this is exactly what I want to do and with the kind of guys on this forum I know I'll have a nice time and if I do break it hopefully there will be some advice on hand!

BBQ's eh? You mean like the one i knocked up at the weekend?

Just working on the motor for the spit :D

BBQ1.jpg

ME ME ME! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's my birthday on the 12th lol ;)

Was a shame to miss the last one so Laura and I will be there I am sure of it.

Jim.

Definitely up for that one. I'd also be happy to lead a group. River crossings at Strata could be interesting...

I second the BBQ option too. Looking forward to it.

Lorin

Hi Guys,

Thanks for a great response. BBQ option looking good, we have just got a coleman event shelter, so a few more tarps etc and we can really get comfy. I will raid the wood again and have a big fire. Depending on numbers, we still have the 2 camp options, with less we could go back to the old one,which is naturally sheltered, will wait and see. Day one and numbers looking good.

Many thanks for the support, any ideas for more fun on the weekend just let me know. One day we could get trade stands etc!!!!

Another option for food is my catering van,which came last year,he can do all if required, breakfast lunch and supper.

Cheers,

Tony.

TonyS said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for a great response. BBQ option looking good,
Another option for food is my catering van,which came last year,he can do all if required, breakfast lunch and supper.
Cheers,Tony.
I'll be there this time Tony, BBQ sounds good :D and the burger van too :D , I hate cooking. :evil:
Chas

Catering van would be a good idea as its much colder in October. BBQ SA style will be a nice change from hog roast. I have noticed that many people left really early on the Sunday, is this due to family obligations/rest before Monday or is it because there are no "structured" activities on the Sunday?

I left mid-after noon as I had to ne at work for 6am on the monday.

Not sure if I can make this yet.

Paul

TonyS said:
Many thanks for the support, any ideas for more fun on the weekend just let me know. One day we could get trade stands etc!!!!

Anyone have any contacts at a magazine they could get out? 3-4 months is not a lot (or is it?) to get a magazine journo / photographer out. I don't mind chasing that up. :cool:

Hi, I can send Alan Kidd,editor of TOR an email,to see if they are interested. Had correspondence recently over the towing capacity of the hilux!! (they always say its less than it is!).
Could invite them along. :idea:

Julian V might have the contacts but will he have the time? We might need to help him out with his time management a bit and get someone else on the case ;) :mrgreen:

Back