Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb 2010 Update

TonyS

Hello,

Time is flying by and after trying to be well organized at the start of the year, Julian and I did pencil in the weekend after easter.

However, when going through all our insurance on the farm and checking it for our weekends,the NFU got very concerned, in case of any injury/accident happening whilst you are here. They are covering my back,but it is now getting very frustrating. Emails have been sent, and have had some help from a very kind member off the forum to help with the wording. I am awaiting a reply, still.

So for spring 2010 we are on hold, which might help as the weather is so cold wet and miserable anyway.

I will keep you posted, and as soon as i know more will let you know. Will chase it this week.

Sorry for not updating earlier.

Cheers,Tony.

How do people feel about moving the event to the early spring bank holiday weekend (as long as the insurance can be sorted)?

This will give more time to get it advertised and might mean people don't have to leave so early on the Sunday.

Ian

Just spoken to NFU, she is on holiday this week, back next tuesday. She said our email was "brilliant,just what they needed. " It explained the weekend very well, so hopefully things can get covered. There will be other questions thrown back at us,but we are moving forward.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just spoken to Tony and other weekends to consider are the 7th-9th May, 21st-23rd May, 28th-30th May.

Personally I can't make the May Bank Holiday weekend and would prefer the 21st-23rd.

Once we know where we are with the insurance it would make sense to just hold a poll and then run with the most popular weekend.

Tony, Julian - You probably don't need me to tell you this , but you will not be able to please everyone with the weekend you choose - so just choose one that suits you - That seems fair if you're organising it........ For those who can't make it, then perhaps another weekend later in the year for another get together......

Absolutely. And as long as it's a weekend that I can make, then you have my full support. (can't do 1st / 2nd. Going to see KISS at NEC) :lol:

Chris

I think that once the insurance is sorted we can put up suggested dates for a vote.

The bank holiday weekend is appealing however I know a lot of people with children will be already booked for that.

Hi
Do you think everyone signing a well worded disclaimer would smooth over the NFU troubled waters a little.

Mal

No. Not really.

Trust me we have this in hand. This is about protecting Tony's and his family's birthright - ie the deeds to his farm. A disclaimer cannot absolve a Landowner of a liability that is theirs in law. A 'we promise not to sue Tony' statement does not mean that you can't change your mind once you are lying in hospital. This is why the insurer was hesitant about insuring the event. We have been working to make the point that there is nothing TO insure - therefore there is no liability, therefore a disclaimer would not have anything to 'disclaim' against.

Make sense?

Chris

Bank hoilday weekend is my birthday weekend ;)

Anyway I am off weekends, so I might be able to make it!!

Paul

Battered and Blue said:
No. Not really.

Trust me we have this in hand. This is about protecting Tony's and his family's birthright - ie the deeds to his farm. A disclaimer cannot absolve a Landowner of a liability that is theirs in law. A 'we promise not to sue Tony' statement does not mean that you can't change your mind once you are lying in hospital. This is why the insurer was hesitant about insuring the event. We have been working to make the point that there is nothing TO insure - therefore there is no liability, therefore a disclaimer would not have anything to 'disclaim' against.

Make sense?

Chris

Yeh I see but there are some people out there who make a living out of it (Bas**rds) Sue anyone they can.

Mal

Battered and Blue said:
No. Not really.

Make sense?

Chris

Elegantly put. I concur.

The Lincomb Farm events are excellent and Tony (and Rebecca) put a great deal of effort into them and, in my view, they should be afforded all the relevant protections.

For me the 21-22nd weekend would be great as I'm working all of the other suggested dates and as we missed out on the events last year, we'd like to get there. That would be one '40' there then, wouldn't it?

Regards

And a mighty fine 40 it is too. I'd like to see where you Winter tinkering has taken you.

Chris

Think we have it cracked, will know by weds. Should be able to go ahead.
Will put a date that i can do soon,but I am struggling now for May. June looks better, how does that sound??

TonyS said:
June looks better, how does that sound??
June suits me just fine ;) May looks a bit messy when you throw in the 2 bank holiday long weekends which most people have plans for already. Plus June should be a bit warmer :roll:

Cheers,

Back