Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb Autumn 2013???????????

I agree with Tony,

Though a good idea the deposit scheme would mean a lot more work for Tony and Becky as there would be a lot more admin involved. It could possibly work if someone were to take on the admin and money side of the events (and if Tony was willing for someone to do that?).

As Tony mentioned earlier the slow take up last time meant we had to change from the plan of doing the whole hog roast to butchering the pig and roasting joints instead due to what looked like a small turnout but in actual fact ended up being a decent crowd at the last minute meaning we had to re-think some things on the weekend. This makes working out the catering very stressful (and Id guess the rest of the event too for Tony and the organizers) and though the result is always worth it I could do with a few less grey hairs and sleepless night on the run up! :)

I think a 2 week full payment deadline would fair and make life so much easier for organisation. Most people should know what their plans are by 2 weeks before the event? Unfortunately I think it would only work if it were a strict deadline meaning if you arent booked and paid by the specified date then you cant come, which sounds harsh but its a system we use for scout camps and events with my canoeing club and it works well as everyone knows where they stand.

Since the last cruiser weekend we have only had one free from horsey stuff happening, and our next weekend off is after the next cruiser weekend, 7,8th September, confirming ASAP!

Not confirmed as yet

I agree with Tony,

Though a good idea the deposit scheme would mean a lot more work for Tony and Becky as there would be a lot more admin involved. It could possibly work if someone were to take on the admin and money side of the events (and if Tony was willing for someone to do that?).

As Tony mentioned earlier the slow take up last time meant we had to change from the plan of doing the whole hog roast to butchering the pig and roasting joints instead due to what looked like a small turnout but in actual fact ended up being a decent crowd at the last minute meaning we had to re-think some things on the weekend. This makes working out the catering very stressful (and Id guess the rest of the event too for Tony and the organizers) and though the result is always worth it I could do with a few less grey hairs and sleepless night on the run up! :)

I think a 2 week full payment deadline would fair and make life so much easier for organisation. Most people should know what their plans are by 2 weeks before the event? Unfortunately I think it would only work if it were a strict deadline meaning if you arent booked and paid by the specified date then you cant come, which sounds harsh but its a system we use for scout camps and events with my canoeing club and it works well as everyone knows where they stand.

Would it make life any easier if we were to pay for the Hog roast on Sat night rather than a deposit as such. It would mean you liaising with Tony but potentially less work for him than a full deposit scheme????

Well Lindz and I will come till they take my driving licence off me, we love the crack, banter, beer/wine round the fire, plus the chance to see everyone again, not to mention the fantastic venue, Tony S and and all the tireless, brilliant, friendly organisers. This meet should grow but often catches people at the wrong time.
Just a thought, a number of members, like Seamus's last post may have missed the post stating when the next meet is. Can I suggest that an 'email' is sent out to all members when the date is decided. Members will all be informed before they book holidays etc. I for one don't check the site when I'm busy or away, so I'm guilty too, I found out about the date for the (Earlier than last year meet) from my son Jimbo. I'd been on the site but missed the post! Yeah I'm blind or stupid ... or both. was expecting it next month, silly me. Cheers Rob

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
unfortunately I cant make this meet but on the plus side I am booked and fully paid for lincomb spring 14 wooohooo im pissed of waiting already :flags-wavegreatbri: cant wait to meet you guys :banana-dance:

Hi, is anyone coming to Lincomb who can lend me a centre dif lock switch for a 12 v 80? Rushed out and forgot it, thanks.

Back