Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb Fun Challenge Weekend 9, 10 October

Hi'yall
Had a really good time as per usual - delish hog roast so I went back for seconds but then couldn't see what I was eating...
Ill be around next year for sure, with (hopefully, she says) things that were not working, will be working 110% again.
Back to re-organisng my long list as long as yer arm for things that I REALLY must get my finger out and do!
Thanks Tony and everyone for making it a really good weekend!
Cheers
Renate

Well this happened
DSC09503.JPG

then this happened
DSC09514.JPG

and then this happened
DSC09522.JPG

and some other stuff too. Halinka decided to take photos of white 80s only so don't have any other photos...

Halinka and I would like to thank everyone for a putting on a brilliant weekend, and yes we do like the new format. :thumbup:

Awsome :thumbup: :text-coolphotos: :text-thankyouyellow:

MORE PHOTOS :!: MORE PHOTOS :pray: :p

Glad it was good.
Looking forward to more pics.

A Big thanks to all the organisors for a top weekend. The punch challenge was excellent and really made the weekend. A brilliant format that I look forward to being repeated.

Unfortunately we forgot our camera but did get a few choice pics on the phone.

Slightly optimistic with hindsight and felt far worse than it now looks. However, being recoverd with Ian's atomic winch made it worth it. I reckon it pulled the truck quicker than I can accelerate on the road!
IMAG0051.jpg

Jon getting in a bit of a mess. Over 10 tries and we couldn't get this damn punch either.
IMAG0060.jpg

Greg after he bust the first of two CVs! Shouldn't laugh I know...
IMAG0057.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's a pic of me looking 'stumped'. Thanks to Rob for the pull. I was high and dry on that one. Well 4 feet of telegraph pole buried in the ground would have stopped a Tiger tank.

Chris

Chris said:
That's a pic of me looking 'stumped'. Thanks to Rob for the pull. I was high and dry on that one. Well 4 feet of telegraph pole buried in the ground would have stopped a Tiger tank.

Chris
Rob said:

Nice looking bumper Chris.... good to see you [s:14jibao8]ab[/s:14jibao8]using Great White :cool:

Looks like it was a great weekend

To echo all the thank you's, THANKS to the organisers and all who attended. It was really great metting so many people (and putting faces to aliases!)
I've put up a few pics of the games that were introduced this time round and really made the weekend more fun! Well thought out guys, esp the reverse steering ;)
If we're back in the UK in time next year we'll definitely see you there.. :clap:

First up was blind driving
blinddrivingjames.jpg

Then some running, I mean tyre pull.. (also the first time I've ever seen Gav run :lol: :lol: )
runforrest.jpg

tireflip.jpg

Tony's little trap / pond which claimed the most cruisers / gave Ian the opportunity to test out the new winch ;)
stuckinthemud.jpg

Waffle board challenge
waffleboards.jpg

Then some loony drove over the mountain of bricks! :cool:
wildman.jpg

Awesome weekend!

I only remembered to take 1 picture on Saturday, coming down the steps which are getting interesting

IMG_1596.JPG

On sunday Greg broke his remaining front CV but was determined to get this punch :thumbup:

IMG_1600.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

Early afternoon saw a bit of a gathering for the tyre pull, sadly no picture of Ian trying to run over his co-driver :lol:

IMG_1606.JPG

Some of the trucks lined up while we watched the fun & games

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

There was plenty of mud to splash about in :lol:

IMG_1619.JPG

The reverse steering was easy for some and not so easy for others :mrgreen: (supposed to be going in the cone box!)

IMG_1621.JPG

We returned to the camp field to await the results. Didn't see many people on the bricks but Ryan had a play

IMG_1628.JPG

Removing Greg's other CV joint!

IMG_1629.JPG

The tension was growing as the judges arrived with the results :lol:

IMG_1632.JPG

3rd place presentation

IMG_1633.JPG

2nd place

IMG_1634.JPG

and 1st place

IMG_1635.JPG

the score board

IMG_1636.JPG

I had a great time, thanks to all who helped organise it and everyone who went, I think it was the best one yet :thumbup:

Cracking :D :text-coolphotos: :text-thankyouyellow:

What an awesome weekend :!: :D :!:

The punch and driving challenges really added a great dynamic to the weekend. Full props to Tony, Ian and all the others that organised and marshalled while the rest of us got down and dirty.

Thank again.

Now whens the next one ;)

Great pictures. Thank you all for your comments. Glad everyone seems to have had a great weekend and enjoyed the different format.

My weekend started with a huge low but ended on a high. Somewhere on the road on the way to Lincomb one of my fan blades snapped off and put a big hole in the radiator. I did not notice anything, car did not overheat. I only discovered the problem when I was doing routine checks on Saturday morning and found I had an empty radiator. I was gutted and all ready to phone the big yellow lorry when Jon, Greg and Lorin all started taking my car apart. It was a battle to get the rad out but once it was out they removed the damaged parts and sealed the top and bottom tanks with chemical metal. I was back playing by late morning. Brilliant repair, huge thanks chaps.

Got to use the new winch a few times, I am very pleased with the way it worked under load.

I brought a few friends along, Stacey and Toni, to help run the various games we had planned. Stacey was running the tyre pull all day Sunday and at the end of the day asked if I would do the challenge with him as he was convinced we could beat the fastest time. All was going well until the silly bu**er ran into the front of my moving truck! Only a slow speed one as I was pracitically stationary. He is a tough cookie and bounced up nice and quickly. The important thing is we beat the quickest time of just over six minutes by a full minute and a half!!

Cheers and thanks to all that attended

Ian

Absolutely fantastic weekend guys - superbly organised & hosted; awesome content - the punches were brilliant... I had no idea I could get Muxley contorted into some of those positions/locations!!!! They gave driving around the woods & the farm drive a real edge :clap:

The games were excellent too - really making you work well with the co-drivers. A big thanks to Gi Gi for stepping up to the plate to fill my co-pilots seat BTW :D Pol has calmed down now ;)

Great pics of the weekend guys - keep them coming!!! I'm shamed to say I only managed to get one photo all weekend which was of Rob piling up one of the woodland hills...

One last thing Tony, do want your mud back???

Great to know you enjoyed it. Got all the punches in by dark, struggled to find a couple!! The wood has dried out nicely now,except the bog. Gonna sort that out,so its got a bottom!
Mud wise, on your drives, put it on your lawn, make a herb garden, or a complete flower bed depending on how much you have. No Charge!!! :lol:
Will sort the next date soon.( month or two).
Thanks to all again.
Cheers,
Tony. :thumbup:

Thanks Tony, but not sure I need ANOTHER herb garden. Maybe a rockery this time?

Don't forget to order XXXFB for my shirt!

Great weekend, shame I missed the morning due to mud in my alternator. I couldn't see what was wrong with Ian's red 80. It seemed to drive fine to me :lol:

Great people, great vehicles, great setting, great food, great weather and great heaps of campfire bull****!

Roll on the next one.

Pootling rocks!

Chris

Well done guys - glad it all went so well, and sorry I missed it all. Jon - I see you went home for Simex's to go play with for Sunday :clap:

Yes he did - I think he moved the woods 3 feet further south with them!!! :lol:

Gary Stockton said:
Jon - I see you went home for Simex's to go play with for Sunday :clap:
Yep, the Toyo's worked quite well on Saturday giving me a good idea what they will & won't do so then I put the Simex on Sunday morning and they worked much better :mrgreen: Quite a contrast between how much grip the Simex have forwards vs reverse - on one punch I reversed up to it for a laugh and had to sit at the punch with the wheels spining to hold me in place while I got my card punched. A bit later I drove up to it forwards, stopped and then drove off again with no fuss, quite interesting.

Not sure what to think of my goldfish yet. On Saturday I needed to winch up a steep climb which should have been easy work for it but I ended up having to double rig it through a snatch block to get moving. On the single line pull, it sounded like the winch was doing some work but the truck wasn't moving :( I meant to give it another go on sunday and have a closer look at what wasn't happening but ran out of time. So on the plus side it wasn't siezed and barely got warm but either the 12k rating of a goldfish is not very impressive, or there's something wrong with mine :thumbdown: , or something somewhere was stretching a lot! My legs are still aching from walking up and down that hill a dozen or more times rigging it!

Damn
damn damn and damn, it all looks awesome!

next time i shall be there, i got triple booked for the weekend and even with such choice of activities I actually ended up squishing my finger and spending most the weekend in hospital!

glad it all went well and shall see you all next time
jonnie

more pics!

Back