• Total voters

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
Tony has asked what does everyone going to Lincomb want to do about food on the Saturday night?

I have voted for Pig. Must have is a bit strong, would prefer is more like it. Does not need the whole roast hog thing, slow cooked belly pork like at some previous events would be great.

Honestly, happy to cook my own, share Gary's and pig out at Chez Marius.

Tricky thing as gathering is a social thing but so is getting together in small groups to do something local. What I hate to see is people just off on their own warming a tin of beans. I prefer the freedom to just do as you please

Would prefer pig, but some sort of curry would be OK, as long as it was hot, spicy that is.
fart-036.gif

I'll echo Ian in that I've put down pig as a preference but its not a must and it doesnt have to be a whole roast hog, but happy to go with the other options including those suggested by Chris.

I've ticked bring my own pies....but realistically we don't mind sharing the giving and the taking, don't mind helping out with the burgers or whatever (and eating them). Part of the fun is to muck-in and meet people. We won't be eating cold beans out of a tin that is for sure. Fran will probably rustle up a spicy dish. We'll try to remember to bring the table top gas BBQ with us to throw some shrimps on......unless there is going to me a more substantial affair on a half oil drum. Cheap wine and cool beer will be in abundance in the fridge.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've put down bring my own to be honest. I like to make sure I'm full when eating. The pig thing is great but its hard to judge how much is going to be needed specially when people don't confirm they are going to the last min. (I know I'm normally one of those people)
Going to fend for myself on the food front. :thumbup:

I've not voted for nowt just yet as the boys are asleep and will need to be consulted over breakfast in the morning while plating their sisters hair ready for the school thing!!! If I had to guess they both love the whole theatre of the Hog Roast and still speak with enthusiasm to their sister and mother (a vegetarian of some years now) of when the nose of last years hog fell off while cooking :) Such a shame the Scout shall not be available to feed us this year :( I reckon if a hog roast is not practicable then ill feed them myself :)

Hi guys,

My point of view is I really don't mind. It's 50:50 at the moment and understand if you all want to create your own culinary delights. Be much easier for us ;-)
There will definitely be a huge fire going, so I will wait and see how this goes in the coming weeks.

Cheers.

How do
I have a very large BBQ tripod thing that works well as a bring your own scran and chuck it on kinda thing..I can bring it along ?
Cant wait :thumbup:
Stan

I will sort supper for the 8 who have asked for the pig. If anyone else would like to join in, post by Tuesday 7pm. Only those whose names I have will be served as I won't over buy to keep price sensible.

cheers.

I've not voted for nowt just yet as the boys are asleep and will need to be consulted over breakfast in the morning while plating their sisters hair ready for the school thing!!! If I had to guess they both love the whole theater of the Hog Roast and still speak with enthusiasm to their sister and mother (a vegetarian of some years now) of when the nose of last years hog fell off while cooking :) Such a shame the Scouts shall not be available to feed us this year :( I reckon if a hog roast is not practicable then ill feed them myself :)

I've just had a chat with Robert & Daniel this morning Re. Pig or Mums Beef Casserole and they have decided that without the theater of a whole pig spinning around in the fires of hell dripping and basting in the juices of its own render. While bits of its body fall off in to the pit of despair, a most amusing event in the day of a 4 year old and a 7 year old, filling the air with smells of an imminent feast. Then they would rather have mums beef casserole thanks all the same :) ;)

I think that they must be playing MineCraft too much!!! :)

I am one of the 8 but will be by 2 - thanks Tony.

I will sort supper for the 8 who have asked for the pig. If anyone else would like to join in, post by Tuesday 7pm. Only those whose names I have will be served as I won't over buy to keep price sensible.

cheers.
Hi Tony, can you add Steph and I to the list for the supper, please.

Thanks.

So I know of I am on or out is this for fir and sat or just sat??

we'll go for Pork please - that's me and Fran. We'll bring our own pies as well (piglet)

2 x pork for us. Is there only going to be food on Saturday evening?

Last edited:
Back