Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb, May 2012

Some pictures taken by Mike of the weekend...

You wouldn't want to meet him in the woods now:
IMG9561-M.jpg

or his dowg
IMG9560-M.jpg

Nor him:
IMG9559-M.jpg

IMG9399-M.jpg

IMG9411-M.jpg

IMG9433-M.jpg

IMG9454-M.jpg

IMG9544-M.jpg

IMG9574-M.jpg

IMG9418-M.jpg

IMG9586-M.jpg

This is the cause of the bumper damage.... double line pull:
IMG9600-M.jpg

IMG9649-M.jpg

IMG9659-M.jpg

IMG9678-M.jpg

IMG9823-M.jpg

More here (400 odd) if you can be bothered: http://buka.smugmug.com/Off-Road/Lincomb-Farm-2012

Jon Wildsmith said:
I lost a strap and a shackle the time before last, did it have a strap attached Chris? There's a crow bar of mine in the camping field somewhere as well :doh:

Didn't spend any time under my truck with that did you?

mike hatton said:
Didn't spend any time under my truck with that did you?
It was a few Lincombs ago Mike, when we had the reverse steering, so not guilty :lol:

Awesome pictures Tony, the ones of me going through the swampy section next to the 6ft deep stagnant bomb hole made me laugh. You managed to capture the plethora of emotions and expressions I was feeling throughout the experience:

Fear; Oh shit! Im going to drown upside-down in a stagnant pool
IMG9677-X2.jpg

Acceptance; If Im going to die Ill do it in style
IMG9679-X2.jpg

Concentration; This is going quite well, if I get this right I might not die after all!
IMG9681-X2.jpg

Determination; Im not dead yet and Im nearly there so Im damn well going to give it my best shot up the slope
IMG9683-X2.jpg

Elation; I made it and Im not dead in a stagnant muddy hole!
IMG9684-X2.jpg

:lol:

Think I've got all the red concrete off now, had to stop to jetwash my wheels in Kidderminster as I had a serious shake going on. If you watch Robs 2nd vid of me on the trial you can see a load of sticky mud cling to one side of my front wheel and not the other!

Thanks to all involved for yet another fantastic weekend at Lincomb farm :thumbup:

Rob trying to get punch 18 before the string was lengthened
DSCF1862.jpg

Then his power steering hose (the winch feed) burst so it was a tow back to camp for some feild repairs
DSCF1863.jpg

Around the bombhole...
DSCF1864.jpg

DSCF1865.jpg

DSCF1866.jpg

And getting stuck..
DSCF1867.jpg

[youtube:3cjp3mon]mWiqw7Ml3ZI[/youtube:3cjp3mon]

Thanks to Lars for winching me out :thumbup:
DSCF1871.jpg

DSCF1872.jpg

Rob doing the same..
[youtube:3cjp3mon]kFm3-p7ru0M[/youtube:3cjp3mon]

He gets winched out by Lars too, then we all turn 'round to watch Dave (model maker man) show us how it's done, except there's a load of commotion going on where Rob's leaving the battleground:
DSCF1879.jpg

[youtube:3cjp3mon]bgurwNE9pRo[/youtube:3cjp3mon]

Then Dave goes and puts us all to shame
[youtube:3cjp3mon]guImJymVOJs[/youtube:3cjp3mon]

DSCF1883.jpg

DSCF1884.jpg

3rd again :roll: Still, congrats to Dave and Mike for taking the top spot. Dave, you'd better be well practiced with that Braii by October, I want a full english on the Saturday morning ;)

I think we need some pictures of that 1st prize in action ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So that damn tree claims another victim. You have to come at the slope head on or it does that to you every time. I came through the bomb hole in one but still managed to calm myself to go over that bloody root. That was the first hit I took in the new truck. Looks like Rob got away with it. :thumbup:

Chris

The tree took a hit from my front bumper after that, I was told the whole canopy shock. No damage :D Unfortunately the camera man stopped shooting too early...

[youtube:1yfvrtt5]bgurwNE9pRo[/youtube:1yfvrtt5]

Folks,

I'm having a play with putting together some video clips for lincomb. Anybody want to add their favorites? I and pull them from YouTube as it looses quality. Also need your favorite hi-res pics please. Pics you can email ([email protected]) videos will have to upload to me. Details via pm

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Hi All,

Looks like you have all had a super duper, fantastic weekend.

Perhaps a new thread to be created with just photos and short 1 line descriptions?

Gra.

Here are some pictures taken by Toni, who was helping us out over the weekend.
[attachment=8:x6l7qwr1]040 (Small).JPG[/attachment:x6l7qwr1]
[attachment=7:x6l7qwr1]052 (Small).JPG[/attachment:x6l7qwr1]
[attachment=6:x6l7qwr1]081 (Small).JPG[/attachment:x6l7qwr1]
[attachment=5:x6l7qwr1]085 (Small).JPG[/attachment:x6l7qwr1]
[attachment=4:x6l7qwr1]099 (Small).JPG[/attachment:x6l7qwr1]
[attachment=3:x6l7qwr1]134 (Small).JPG[/attachment:x6l7qwr1]
[attachment=2:x6l7qwr1]144 (Small).JPG[/attachment:x6l7qwr1]
[attachment=1:x6l7qwr1]147 (Small).JPG[/attachment:x6l7qwr1]
[attachment=0:x6l7qwr1]153 (Small).JPG[/attachment:x6l7qwr1]

Attachments

• 040 (Small).JPG
    040 (Small).JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 052 (Small).JPG
    052 (Small).JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 081 (Small).JPG
    081 (Small).JPG
    191 KB · Views: 190
  • 085 (Small).JPG
    085 (Small).JPG
    199 KB · Views: 198
  • 099 (Small).JPG
    099 (Small).JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 203
  • 134 (Small).JPG
    134 (Small).JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 144 (Small).JPG
    144 (Small).JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 147 (Small).JPG
    147 (Small).JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 153 (Small).JPG
    153 (Small).JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 192
Crispin said:
Folks,

I'm having a play with putting together some video clips for lincomb. Anybody want to add their favorites? I and pull them from YouTube as it looses quality. Also need your favorite hi-res pics please. Pics you can email ([email protected]) videos will have to upload to me. Details via pm

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

You can upload videos (any size) by clicking on ftp://crappy.dyndns.org/ (or use a proper FTP programme). Username is elco and password is the make of truck we drive starting with an l (lowercase L) Just upload them and let me know, I'll pull them off asap.

Crispin said:
password is the make of truck we drive starting with an l (lowercase L)
That will be the same as the word hidden around the farm then :lol:

Crispin did you loose your front number plate at Lincomb or take it off??? Seems to be missing in loads of photo's.

Winch broke it off. Stuck in the window ATM :|

Nicely updated thread chaps - some really good pic & vids :cool:

'Fraid my contribution can only be to update my status following the pitiful wood cutting episode that prevented me coming along at the weekend... :(

20120515_121304.jpg

Colour selected to match my eyes following removal of the stitches & being told 'no driving' for 4 weeks... :evil:

I snuck a pic of the wound while the nurse was out of the bunco booth if anyone wants it posted :sick:

Cheers

Oooh yeah, Wifey is going in for same op on Monday. Or just mail me Gav.

C

That is terrible dude! Really feel for you. Hopefully it'll work as it is meant to. If not, I have an old laptop (circa 2000s) which you can use when that one stops working.

Back