Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb, May 2012

Awesome pictures guys keep them coming.

Ill make sure I get some pictures of the Braai in action as soon as the weather makes up its mind (Bright sunshine and marble sized hail stones today!? :think:)

The flex on Trevs 70 does look impressive but I think it looks like its flexing more than the other 70s becuase it doesnt have a front bumper? Ben I am surprised how little articulation you have on the front axle. I spent a lot of time flexing and measuring the extents of travel on my axles before ordering shocks that maximised the amount of travel allowed. Maybe try removing the the front shocks and measuring the distances between the top and bottom mounts (extended and compressed), Ill bet your shocks are your limiting factor.

I did mean to try and find a good spot to test my flex and get some pictures at the weekend but I got too caught up in the fun and forgot but Im pretty sure I didnt do much wheel waggling.

Here are some pictures I took whilst flexing the front axle without the shocks fitted, as you can see its still no where near lifting a wheel so with the correct shocks fitted the limiting factors are the amount of flex in the bushes, the length of the brake lines and the steering/panard rods.
IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

Sorry gone a bit off topic now :shifty:

I'm running the same Ironman suspension lift as Ben i.e. Ironman springs and shocks. Bens' last photo looks like he has more articulation but the attitude of his truck is biased a bit more to the rear than the photo of mine I think. I'm wondering in the shot of mine whether the engine weight is coming more forward and the axle is "working harder".

No bumper probably creates the illusion that there is more travel than is actually happening, I was trying to compare the heights using the bottom of the headlamps as a datum and I don't there is much in it Ben. I'm on 33's, what tyres were you running in your photos? If they were 35's then it might look less as it's filling the arch a bit more?

those tyres are 35"x 12.5, but there a bit worn and actually measure about 33.5"-34". :think:

It's all about the angle of dangle apparently :lol:

Ive got the Ironman springs but I wasnt impressed with the specified lengths of the Ironman shocks so I bought Rancho adjustable shocks in the exact (well as close as possible) lengths I worked out from measuring the articulation of the axle. Trev do you know when your suspension was fitted as I heard (dont know how true it is though) that Ironman changed the shocks in this kit sometime in the last couple of years to ones with less travel?

Trevor said:
It's all about the angle of dangle apparently :lol:
Thats what she said! :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Previous owner did the work so I'm not sure. Looks like I'm going to have to get the Hi Lift out and lift the front on one side and measure the vertical travel from axle to top spring cup.

And yes Mrs Trev probably would say that :D

Really great looking photos there Marius

Gra.

Mmmn, lovely. Keep em coming Marius. Where's the one of us winning by the way? :whistle:

Don't tell me you didn't get one. :lol:

Chris

Me dragging Rob over the little bump. Again.

file.php

I thought that Crispin, either that or you were stuck on a flat piece of ground again :lol:

that's the end of the "rescue". I was hanging over a cliff with some horrible mud / gloop which was swallowing the car with every passing second.

When you say cliff, do you mean that small patch of mud where I drove up only five minutes earlier :mrgreen:

I drove through it without issue before. At the end of the day though it was rather soggy and a lot more muddy. :violin:

Looks like a game of tug-o-war to me... with the bump as the middle marker... go on the 120 :lol:

ATRAC in action that is :lol:

Looks like we have a new game/challenge for the next Lincomb, tug of war :dance:

Heaviest 80 will win.

I like the sound of that Rob. Front and rear winch might have some advantage though :lol: :lol:

Chris

:think: Ok, objectively thinking... 2 solid 80's... good ground... full on pull... what's the first thing that would go? (with a strong rope attached to chassis - so no weak spot on the hook-up)... what follows the intense smell of burning clutch? what goes bang first?

Or is this a good example of what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immoveable object? :lol:

Back