Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb meets 2018

Looks like it will be a wet one. But I've got wood for the fire pit.
Hey Rosy, you making that curry you promised?

I shall be trundling along after work friday. Spose id better go find some wings.

Looking forward to next weekend. Cant find a reg form. Do we need pre register or do we just rock up?

Looking forward to next weekend. Cant find a reg form. Do we need pre register or do we just rock up?

Just turn up, find me for payment and that’s it. I’ll be checking with Tony which field we are in and post up before the weekend.

I won't be able to attend, don't think the Beemer would the most ideal vehicle :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
you won't get shown up then. i have a spare seat!

I suppose i could swap the tow bar on my girlfriends 90 but i don't want to embarrass you , and to be honest when it never stops raining i can find no enthusiasm to do even that . You will have to get someone else to tow you out i'm sorry to say Nick .

We'll be there, setting off Saturday morning so before lunch all being well

Sadly I wont be able to make this one. We are in the middle of lambing. Will have to have a wee catch up at the spring Adventure overland show instead.

Have a great time!!!!

*** UPDATE ***

Tony and I have been chatting over the last few days regarding ground conditions at Lincomb. The place is either waterlogged or completely saturated with the continual rain.

This means that the woods, farm track and our usual camping field is out of bounds. As a result there will be no punch challenge unfortunately, further compounded with more rain expected over the weekend.

For the die hards among you, there is an option to camp if you want to on one of the tracks in the fields near the white house. However there is a maximum of 10 vehicles (mine being 1) and they will effectively have to be parked in a line on the track without deviating onto the grass and stay parked for the weekend to avoid churning the track up.

The last vehicle in the line could be used to do a group water run from the yard a there is no water point nearby. Despite the weather, the yard itself is going to be busy so we don't want a convoy of trucks heading onto the farm.

We can have a fire but need to source our own wood on this occasion, using the facilities will either mean a walk into the woods with a shovel, or using the yard facilities later in the evening and again not a big convoy.

Day visitors will still be able to come, I've got to figure out where you'll park without churning ground up or causing traffic problems but we'll work something out. If you are planning a day visit please shout up so I can get a feel numbers.

I'll post a google image as soon as I've figured out how to drop a marker on it.

So if you're feeling brave lets start the list of those that fancy it.

1) Trev
2) Chris
3) Karl
4) Nick

Last edited:
Well I am definitely coming. I have my own fire wood, fire pit and stove. And 200 litres of water on board.

Hey there's a chance it'll brighten up yet.

Just a thought but could we change the venue? Can we go down South? Yorkshire? Lakes? Anywhere where setting up might be less restricted?

Last edited:
*** UPDATE ***

Tony and I have been chatting over the last few days regarding ground conditions at Lincomb. The place is either waterlogged or completely saturated with the continual rain.

This means that the woods, farm track and our usual camping field is out of bounds. As a result there will be no punch challenge unfortunately, further compounded with more rain expected over the weekend.

For the die hards among you, there is an option to camp if you want to on one of the tracks in the fields near the white house. However there is a maximum of 10 vehicles (mine being 1) and they will effectively have to be parked in a line on the track without deviating onto the grass and stay parked for the weekend to avoid churning the track up.

The last vehicle in the line could be used to do a group water run from the yard a there is no water point nearby. Despite the weather, the yard itself is going to be busy so we don't want a convoy of trucks heading onto the farm.

We can have a fire but need to source our own wood on this occasion, using the facilities will either mean a walk into the woods with a shovel, or using the yard facilities later in the evening and again not a big convoy.

I'll post a google image as soon as I've figured out how to drop a marker on it.

So if you're feeling brave lets start the list of those that fancy it.

1) Trev
2) Chris
3) Karl
4) Andy and Maria ( not camping though)

Saturday visitor for me no camping sorry.

Back