Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb social November 6th,7th,8th

is that the same four hours you spent cooking Holly her breakfast. Poor girl she was starving. I reckon I ran it for about 15 mins. I ran fridge, freezer and blanket on battery all weekend.

:lol:

Took me longer than that I think.

Been thinking of the heating side of things. Our heads were freezing. Would underfloor heating heat the air in the tent or just the mattress etc? I guess the blanket just makes you nice and toasty under the covers Chris?

I had to wear a hat in bed as my head was cold lol

I had to wear a hat in bed as my head was cold lol

We both did Dave. To be honest if we had your set up it would be the eberspacher hands down. Being I the roof tent it makes it hard. I could have a air heater wit the small inch outlet going into the tent. The bigger outlet will make the truck red hot though.

split the outlet and run it on its lowest setting maybe

May be an idea. I have a couple of heaters so I may just chuck one in for lincomb if I havnt sorted anything else by then

We didn't run the heater overnight as it's quite noisy under the seat so your idea to put it in a box externally is a good one Dave. Mind you I was warm enough once I had thawed Lynn out we were nice n toasty under the duvet. Accidental venturing out from under the cover especially toward the wheel arches was met with bolt upright cold but otherwise all was good. The truck could have done with being warmer in truth but 5 minutes with the Eberspacher on and the chill was off (much to Stu's disgust, sorry Stu). One thing I would say is find a fantastic way to isolate the pulsing of the fuel pump as even with mine on a rubber mount (which cuts the noise down considerably) you still hear it. Inlet and exhaust silencers are a must as I only have exhaust and it whistles when it gets going. [emoji35]

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
BTW if anyone has any Eberspacher problems I have the diagnostic lead and software. Haven't the foggiest how to use it but I'll learn. [emoji6]

I reckon my tent is big enough for a paraffin heater but if it wasn't a hot water bottle would be my choice .

Ill bring this once i get the woodburner fitted..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    995.7 KB · Views: 162
I reckon my tent is big enough for a paraffin heater but if it wasn't a hot water bottle would be my choice .

Yes, Lynn did mention a Hot water bottle at least once, but once I got her thawed out we were alright. [emoji6] trouble is it only takes 30 seconds for all that to be undone and the furthest extremities become icebergs again. I don't know how she does it. Her flipping nose was like ice on Saturday night!! There's got to be an opening for nose warmers…could be my next project…[emoji6]

Last edited:
Wow very cool Stan - it could double as a sauna cabin once the burner is installed :whistle:

Fire and death spring to mind here

Ive seen erbersthingsy plumbed into rooftents with a long hose, but in truth a proper down sleeping mummy bag that covers your head is the only way. Ive used a RAB sleeping bag for years and you cant beat it. (Trying to sell them but they arent being forthcoming) and the other thing is a sleepmat thats insulated. Ive sworn by an aussie swag for years but recently through now having the shop got an exped megamatt (seriously this isnt a plug:oops:) and ive now binned the swag. I slept in a small tent this weekend on this matt in my rab bag and i was warm from underneath as the mat is that well insulated, i had to fight the dog off all night as he also realised how warm it is, but then hes an aussie too..

Hot water bottles are excellent as are two decent sleeping bags zipped togerher

Have used an electric oil filled radiator before for winter camping, relies on having electric hook up though. Tent was lovely and warm.

I've no idea what you're all on about. It was plenty warm at the show and it'll be the same again at Lincomb.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I've no idea what you're all on about. It was plenty warm at the show and it'll be the same again at Lincomb.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

must admit Ed your sleeping cabin wast too hot. Caravans are for puffs though :lol:

Back