Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Linkage to wiper motor on Landcruiser Amazon (VX) 100 HDJ100 4.2l (1HDFTE) TD RHD (2005)

Colin McCormack

Country Flag
uk
Hello. I drove Landcruisers for over 20 years when based in Africa and exported the Landcruiser Amazon (VX) 100 HDJ100 4.2l (1HDFTE) TD RHD (2005) on my return from Uganda to the UK in 2015.

While I bought it new in Uganda, some 16 years ago (late 2004) it was, I believe, built for the Australian market.

I have just had an issue with my wiper motor ref: 85110-60280 849200-1470

The linkage popped off and can't be found.

All the dealers I have contacted point to to linkage with part ref: 85150-60220 but this is not the correct part.

See photo attached. Part I need goes on the circled joint.

I am most grateful for any help anyone can give as I live in Hampshire where it rains lot and the car is now 'off the road' until this can be sorted :(

Thanks in advance

Regards
Colin McCormack

Attachments

• Wiper motor - linkage point.jpg
    Wiper motor - linkage point.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 58
Hello. I drove Landcruisers for over 20 years when based in Africa and exported the Landcruiser Amazon (VX) 100 HDJ100 4.2l (1HDFTE) TD RHD (2005) on my return from Uganda to the UK in 2015.

While I bought it new in Uganda, some 16 years ago (late 2004) it was, I believe, built for the Australian market.

I have just had an issue with my wiper motor ref: 85110-60280 849200-1470

The linkage popped off and can't be found.

All the dealers I have contacted point to to linkage with part ref: 85150-60220 but this is not the correct part.

See photo attached. Part I need goes on the circled joint.

I am most grateful for any help anyone can give as I live in Hampshire where it rains lot and the car is now 'off the road' until this can be sorted :(

Thanks in advance

Regards
Colin McCormack
Hi Colin, cannot help with part numbers but the bit on the picture looks intact, so not sure which part you need, but you say you
need the part that goes on the bit in the picture, can you take a picture of the bit thats left?

Hi Steve. Thanks for your reply. Sadly not. It popped off and disappeared into the structure of the car and can’t be found.

Doesn’t that just connect to the wiper arm mechanism? Not sure if it’s the same on yours but on my 120 it’s a plastic shaped unit that simply snaps over. Problem is that mr T told me that it’s a not replaceable part and you have to buy the whole linkage! I made a makeshift fitting some 2 years ages and [fingers crossed] is still holding out. If it is this then you might have noticed the wiper arm not moving across the screen properly and possibly over travelling.

Thanks for this. My mechanic bought the full linkage unit, identified in my original post, hoping he would be able to dismantle it and use the type of part you refer to ie a type of washer but it didn’t suit. This started when the motor burned out and the mechanic has had the motor off/on as he tried to re-condition the existing, fail and then looked for a replacement. During the latest attempt, it just popped off!

It’s a shame and seems completely ridiculous to me that a “plastic” wearable part is not replaceable and the stock answer is “replace the whole linkage”.

It doesn’t take too much stress and I made a replacement. Was lucky had some nylon packer knocking around and drilled through then shaped to fit - quests it will eventually fail but so far so good. Unfortunately I forgot to take photos as I was doing it, so cant supply any images.

Good luck, hope you can fabricate something to get your cruiser back on the road!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Steve. Thanks for your reply. Sadly not. It popped off and disappeared into the structure of the car and can’t be found.
Hi Again, I am confused as (without seeing it) as Dave says the bit that turns round just connects to the wiper arm, and that is
poss quite a big part,
so the bit that has come off the bit on the motor should still be on the end of the arm, and if it has not thats why I ask for a picture of the remaining arm !

Hi Dave. More annoying is that the full linkage part proposed by ALL the suppliers I have asked isn't actually the correct one.

I attach a photo of the connection inside the cruiser that I am trying to attach the motor to, as well as the original of the motor ... in case it helps.

Thanks

Colin

Attachments

• LInkage point.jpg
    LInkage point.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Linkage to wiper motor on Landcruiser Amazon (VX) 100 HDJ100 4.2l (1HDFTE) TD RHD (2005) | Lan...pdf
    253.1 KB · Views: 56
Hi Again, I am confused as (without seeing it) as Dave says the bit that turns round just connects to the wiper arm, and that is
poss quite a big part,
so the bit that has come off the bit on the motor should still be on the end of the arm, and if it has not thats why I ask for a picture of the remaining arm !

HI Steve, I have just posted the picture
Colin

HI Steve, I have just posted the picture
Colin
Hi again, this might need a bit of fabrication (welding) (drilling & tapping) but if you could get something like
the link, and drill and tap the motor arm, and weld the other bit onto the Arm and I think you will be good !
PS that is just a example other ball joints are available , and poss a lot cheaper than a toyota part.

Hi Colin
I don’t know if this will help but there are 2 linkages listed on the Roughtrax website , one is the part number MrT has quoted already, the other one (below) fits 2001 on! It might explain why the earlier one won’t fit your wiper motor!
Hope you get it sorted.

Attachments

• B7D7B947-50F6-4C5E-888E-0B22CF597957.jpeg
    B7D7B947-50F6-4C5E-888E-0B22CF597957.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 51
Hi again, this might need a bit of fabrication (welding) (drilling & tapping) but if you could get something like
the link, and drill and tap the motor arm, and weld the other bit onto the Arm and I think you will be good !
PS that is just a example other ball joints are available , and poss a lot cheaper than a toyota part.
Very many thanks Steve. Will pass this into my mechanic.

Hi Colin
I don’t know if this will help but there are 2 linkages listed on the Roughtrax website , one is the part number MrT has quoted already, the other one (below) fits 2001 on! It might explain why the earlier one won’t fit your wiper motor!
Hope you get it sorted.
Many thanks Geoff. I have passed this option onto my mechanic along with Steve's solution. Fingers crossed!!

Back