Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ 70 turbo diesel With 200k Miles

Nefyn

Country Flag
united_states
Hey guys, new here and new to Land Cruisers. About to buy a 1990 70 series. The truck spent most its life in Spain. No rust and seems strong. My biggest concern is the high mileage of 200k. Would I expect a full engine rebuild soon? What other issues should I look for? TIA!

Depends how well it's been looked after. If it's had regular oil and filter changes I wouldn't expect a rebuild required soon myself.

Awesome...thanks Matt. Given zero rust and assuming otherwise mechanically sound, what would be a fair price ?

that looks immaculate & if the engine has been looked after like the rest it shouldn't be a problem.What money is the seller asking ? oh & Nefyn ? do you have a Welsh connection ? plus the fact that cum feel the noize is playing on the stereo ;-)

i would definitely go for that - sounds very good. check the usual places for rust, left and right rear wheel arches. what price is being sold for?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
very nice look. 200k milage shouldn't be a problem if it's treated well. I owned 72, 450k mileage..no problem with it.. :)

Looks nice. Only advice I can offer having bought 3 trucks from Spain is the ITV isnt worth the paper its written on in terms of an MOT. Wheel bearings, king pins, hubs in general, brakes... all can be in poor repair and still have a ticket. Give everything a good twist/rock/yank if you can.

Back