Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 engine trembling

USERUBICON

Country Flag
greece
Hi everyone,
I have an Lj70 2.4TD mod. 1992 (rectangular headlamps) for the past 20+ years. Superb performance, durability and most importantly no problems at all!
A couple of months ago, I noticed that when the engine wass idle, it was shaking in an unusual way. To make the story short, the cruiser went to my mechanic who discovered that one of the injectors had an issue. This was replaced and the other 3 were also checked and all bits and pieces related were replaced. In addition a valve was not sitting well, so it was repaired
Unfortunately this shaking is still there so I suggested to increase the speed of the engine to approx. 700 rpm according to the manufacturer (for years my engine was running at about 550 rpm with no problems).
Although in my ears the engine now is running abnormally fast, this stopped the shaking in idle mode but I realized that now it's happening when I push the brakes to stop the car and its weight naturally shifts to the front.
I also suggested that maybe there is a problem with the engine mounts but the mechanic says no.

I would appreciate any ideas which could possibly be causing this problem

Thank you so much!

I don't know much about the 70 series but i'd be looking at the fuel pump , can they be adjusted ?

How old is your timing belt ?

Thank you so much Shayne!
I think you're right. The pump can be adjusted. I must try this too..

All belts were replaced a week ago...

wow, 20 years, impressive. I have a 92 J73 (mwb) which i got about 3y ago, this is from Spain by way of Florida. its a work in progress and I can’t wait to get it running properly. Good luck, i want to hear what you figured out.

It will be 22 years + now, - thread/posts were in Nov. 2021, and there are no further posts from the OP since the last one above yours !

Back