Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lj70 fuel filter assembly quick question

RL12

Country Flag
great_britain
quick question, i'm fitting an LJ70 fuel filter assembly to a Fourtrak engine bay (of sorts). the original daihatsu filter assembly has wires going into the top of the assembly (fuel heater?) and wires into the bottom water trap. the landcruiser assembly also has these two sets of wires, as well as yellow wires and a relay on the side as can be seen in the pics. are the yellow wires for a fuel stop solenoid or something else?
IMG_16461_zps4f6c55b4.jpg

does anyone have any ideas??
want to get it connected up soon but don't how....

The only stop solinoid is on the fuel pump. The filter housing is simply fuel in and fuel out. Non of the wires have to be conneted. Heater yes and water sensor yes. As for the other wires god knows. Cant be anything major though.

The KZJ70 fuel filter has the water contamination wiring at the bottom and the heater wires at the top. Not all markets had the latter. It was classed as the Winter kit and also included the second battery.

Roger

ok thanks guys :)
i'll connect the same wires that the daihatsu and toyota units have in common...
as for the other yellow wires and relay... unless anyone has any better ideas i'll just let them sit there then!
thanks

Back