Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lj70 new body panels

JimmyLJ71

image.png
After a lot of trawling on eBay and the internet I have found a company that does repair panels, there in Germany, there not cheap but I can't get front wings anywhere, there not available anymore, these apparently fit mine, they do rear quarters.

Think thats the company I bought my rear repair panels from many years ago. They fitted OK but the body line/crease wasnt perfect. :think:

The wings that you have in the picture look like the lower section for the HD 70 series i.e. hzj bj etc.. I hope you haven't bought them Jimmy as they are longer and aren't a direct fit. Indeed the front wings are very hard to find!

There's two types of repair panels for the rear Ben. I found that the ones in black are much better than the light grey ones... as the light grey are very poor on the profile lines.

Hope the info is helpfull :thumbup:

The wings that you have in the picture look like the lower section for the HD 70 series i.e. hzj bj etc.. I hope you haven't bought them Jimmy as they are longer and aren't a direct fit. Indeed the front wings are very hard to find!

There's two types of repair panels for the rear Ben. I found that the ones in black are much better than the light grey ones... as the light grey are very poor on the profile lines.

Hope the info is helpfull :thumbup:
Yeh, I found the grey ones before, I have them, they ain't good.
I've bought both sides for the front so if there not quite a match to the original then at least the bodywork guy can do something.
I found original wings but they were £500

Hi
We used this wing, the wheel arch was rotten but everything else was ok, by trimming the new wing so it didn’t sit out too far and extending the bottom front by 6in it was ok, we welded the wing along the line the old wing came out at right angle, we ended up with the old wing on top which was solid and the rotten part around the wheel arch was new,

CCE09EA8-723B-45ED-AA86-F2CD75B327E5.jpeg 1746B5E8-977C-4418-AA65-56597A4EB543.jpeg BD4692BF-0818-42BF-9E73-A7B9F424AB55.jpeg

Back