Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lj71 mini camper

JimmyLJ71

image.jpeg
The project has started
Almost finished stripping the truck down for the bodywork to be done and a re-spray.
I've had to get parts from all over the world,
Lights from Malaysia , China and the U.K., body panels from Germany, wheel spats from Poland, sliding window rubbers from Spain.
Fortunately all the camper stuff and wiring I've been able to source in the UK, I will probably be the 1st one to fit a poptop roof to an LJ 70 to, a local guy is fitting that for me.

Hi Jimmy i'm wondering if you are the guy that was planning to put a Bedford Rascal type camper on the back a while back ?

I was but I didn't have the heart to chop her up, would ruin the looks, also I went to the adventure overland show, saw what other people had done so changed my mind and have now opted for a pop up roof.

Thought i recognized something about your post , as others have said good luck with your plans it will be interesting to see what you do with a swb because after much thought i decided on having a camper trailer instead :thumbup:

Awesome!! :thumbup:

What is the quality like of the lights from Malaysia?

I'm about to order some myself. :icon-biggrin:

Also............did you go for the ABS plastic flares?

Again whats the quality like?

Looking forward to seeing the build progress. :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Awesome!! :thumbup:

What is the quality like of the lights from Malaysia?

I'm about to order some myself. :icon-biggrin:

Also............did you go for the ABS plastic flares?

Again whats the quality like?

Looking forward to seeing the build progress. :dance:
ABS flares, not bad quality, there going to need trimming though.
Lights are pretty good quality though but don't forget you will have to pay a hefty import tax.
I've found anything within Europe I haven't paid tax, anything outside I have.

Lights are pretty good quality though but don't forget you will have to pay a hefty import tax.

Shouldn't pay import duty under about £120 for car parts, and it's only payable for imports from outside the EU. You pay VAT on everything, no matter where it comes from. If you buy in the EU you pay the vendor VAT and they pay it to their local country customs. If you buy outside the EU you pay HMRC in the UK the VAT.

Shouldn't pay import duty under about £120 for car parts, and it's only payable for imports from outside the EU. You pay VAT on everything, no matter where it comes from. If you buy in the EU you pay the vendor VAT and they pay it to their local country customs. If you buy outside the EU you pay HMRC in the UK the VAT.
I see your from Wales, I'm part Welsh, my family on my Dads side come a little village near Tregaron.

Awesome! :thumbup:

We're very lucky down here in that we can import anything up to the value of $1k and we dont have to pay anything! :dance:

When I imported my $1700 engine conversion kit from Thailand they marked the value down for me so I didnt have to pay anything when it landed. :shifty:

Project mini camper has started, loaded up to go to the body shop last Monday, apparently the metalwork is all done ready for primer, going to see her next Monday, can't wait, next step back to me to waxoyle and fit the new shiny bits.

image.jpeg

Looking good. :thumbup:

What colour are you going for?

Are you having the roof cut off/open for the pop top? :think:

Yes I'm having a pop up roof fitted, the colours I'm going for is an old Toyota green, cream wheels, cream roof and grill.
He's old school this guy, the repairs have been filled with lead, not filler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben
Back