LJ78 Parado

Shahab Hanif Khan

Country Flag
pakistan
Hi everyone,

I bought in 2013 LJ78 1991 Land cruiser Parado
It was on 2L engine without turbo and MT
now I have upgraded it to 1KZ-TE with AT
All the suspensions and coil springs are changed, Axles are changed , Brake discs and drums with pads etc.. are changed .

Puraily%20Track%20Aug-2017%2093%20of%20195_zpsti6qgh2c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Puraily%20Track%20Aug-2017%20192%20of%20195_zpswe3wfirp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Puraily%20Track%20Aug-2017%2043%20of%20195_zpspdbr4rys.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Puraily%20Track%20Aug-2017%2044%20of%20195_zpscos3fmzb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Guys I am facing downshift problem from 3rd gear to 2nd gear , my TLC gear box start jolting while downshifting the gear from 3rd to 2nd. can any one suggest me what to check?

LJ78%20Auto%20transmission%20SK_zpskzoj4jcb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It sounds like an ecu issue. Which 1KZ te did you get cause this engine comes in surf , prado and Hiace as well. The 1kz te , transmission is controlled via its ecu. ?

Thanks for the reply

Engine bought from the open market, no idea it is from which car.

The A/T if from parado 1995.

Thanks for the reply

Engine bought from the open market, no idea it is from which car.

The A/T if from parado 1995.

I understand, I think you just need to try different ecu's . However it could also be something as simple as the AT transmission setting. I notice you are in Pakistan just as me , Private message me your cell no and Maybe we can talk and sort this out. I think we have a mutual friend Hanif Bhatti as well.

I understand, I think you just need to try different ecu's . However it could also be something as simple as the AT transmission setting. I notice you are in Pakistan just as me , Private message me your cell no and Maybe we can talk and sort this out. I think we have a mutual friend Hanif Bhatti as well.

Thanks for the Reply I have swapped couple of ECUs already, Now I am thinking to check the Solenoids.
Yes I am friend of HB sir , but I dont know how to PM you in this group?

will appreciate if you can PM me . Thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back