Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Locking nuts

warrenpfo

Mine have a cap and then 3 small holes that the socket locates in. Over time the previous owner has not made sure the socket is well located and so there is now play in the socket and I need to look at getting them replaced.

Any recommendations?

None at all.

There are so many kits available now from places like Halfrauds to remove them that they dont give any protection anyway

I am sure the kits are out in SA but its more for when I go back there as it’s a deterrent more than anything else.

I am sure if your car is parked next to mine with the same wheels/alloys yours will come off first before mine do...that the hope anyway

Toyota themselves do some half decent ones but I would imagine they are expensive

McGuard?? Good service when you have lost the nut adapter... I took a pic of the wheel nut & they sent me a new adapter by return, FOC IIRC :shock:

Im also looking at some as when i stayed up north doing the great north run somebody had a go trying to steal my wheels. But all they manage to do was chisel the end off of the locking whel nut(lucky for me) so now i need a new set.

I have seen some locking wheel nuts that have an outer sleeve that rotates to stop you getting anything on it so these maybe worth trying :?:

Joe

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
silvercruiser said:
I have seen some locking wheel nuts that have an outer sleeve that rotates to stop you getting anything on it so these maybe worth trying :?:

The 120 has these, a zig-zag pattern in them with a loose collar around the nut. Try Mr-t. Not sure if the 120's will fit a 90?

Crispin said:
silvercruiser said:

The 120 has these, a zig-zag pattern in them with a loose collar around the nut. Try Mr-t. Not sure if the 120's will fit a 90?

yeah thats the ones and they should fit as i have 120 wheels on my 90 :D

Joe

I have a man off of the bay who has said if i can get together an order of 10 or more he would do us a bulk discount. So is anyone interested on a set of Mcguard locking wheel nuts for there cruiser? Wheni get back to him with numbers he can let me know the cost.

Please quote below and edit:

1. 2003 100 series X 1 set

I looked into this recently because 2 of the locators in my OEM key have broken. Fortunately I never do the lock nut up very tight so the single remaining locator was enough to get them off and replaced with normal nuts for now. When I checked with a dealer they first said Mcguard did them for a 100 but I didn't think the nut they showed me would work and so sent them a link to an ordinary nut and they said they don't do them after all. I checked a few places and came up with the same result so double check your source warren. I'd have a set if they exist.

mcguard only list nuts for after market wheels on their web site for the 100 BTW.

Well now I'm on the wheel nut hunt! I now need a set of FIVE locking nuts for a LC100 as well as a set of ordinary nuts for the spare wheel. Having a spare wheel carrier is a waste of time if you first haven't got a way of securing the spare wheel to it's carrier. DUMB, DUMB and DUMBER, that's me!

John

The Dark Dude

I simply put a chain wrapped in plastic, (stop any scratching) through the spokes, and through the frame of the carrier.

G.

Back