Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Locking rear door in place

jackie-0

Country Flag
sweden
Hi,

So this may be a dumb question but how do you get the rear door/tailgate to lock in place and stay open at its widest point?

On the lever there is a sticker with instructions but I just can not get it to work.....

Please explain it to me as you would to a 5-year old.

Many thanks for any help!

With mine, I just have to pull the fully open door back towards me very slightly (few mm) and then push the locking bar in the direction as per the sticker. You’ll get a definite click when it engages. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Mine is a bit fiddly to engage sometimes, especially if the vehicle is not level. But pretty much as described by Beastrider, give it a firm push and it should engage.

Agree with all, same system on 120. Good suggestion from Diggerdave, mine was all 'gritty' and didn't slide or lock up smoothly. I removed the whole thing, degreased then copper greased all the sliding/rotating parts and reinstalled. Much better action now, but does need to be in the exact open position to lock on and off.

Please explain it to me as you would to a 5-year old.

You open the biiig door at the back, and when it's open, daddy will push in the stay bar at the corner, towards the tail door, and it goes clunky wunky.. if it doesn't, see if there's any muck in the slot for it, or give it some niiice slippery grease. then run along and ask your mother for a chocolate biscuit

I'm so sorry

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You can also lightly push on the locking bar before the door is fully open and it'll clunk into place when the door is at the right position.

Back