Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Locks, this time

Tractionman

Country Flag
england
Back again chaps with another query. I have removed both batteries in anticipation of getting new, and cleaning up slight rust beneath trays, I thought I could lock this manually with key in drivers door and throwing the door "switches" on each door separately. This all went to plan until I got to the rear door (boot), WTF. there is no way of manually locking this that I can see/find, so the lc is in the yard behind locked gates thankfully, but with the rear unsecured. What happens if the central locking packs up while out, unable to secure? Thanks.

Is there not a pop up button on the inside of the lower tailgate like there is on the 80's? enabling locking from the inside.

Thanks for reply Chas, it seems as if no one has come across this before. I suppose in the normal course of this the remote would always be used with no security problem. There is no lower tailgate, it's a side hung one piece barn door type. Love your 100 !

Thanks for reply Chas, it seems as if no one has come across this before. I suppose in the normal course of this the remote would always be used with no security problem. There is no lower tailgate, it's a side hung one piece barn door type. Love your 100 !
As soon as I posted I thought does it have a tailgate, oh well I tried.
Yes the new Cruiser is a dream except everything is in Japanese. :angry-screaming:
I was going to fit a UK radio but the Jap one is a touch screen which controls all the aircon and heating things and the screen needs the original radio to work it.
I will be getting a rear view mirror that's connected to a camera for reversing, the car radio man says he can provide a stand alone unit for my iPod so I can have my music that just leave getting a hands free thingy for the mobile.

Yeah, been down some of that route before with my lj78.
Every thing in Japanese, stock radio cd and cassette player that was limited in the amount of UK radio stations. Changed that for a Sony double din then had problems finding the correct jap to uk wiring adaptor, which was double in price to a standard uk one.
Landcruisers eh, but I luv em.
Good luck with your extras search, once done I think you have got the ultimate. Exceedingly jealous !!!

Back