Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Long range tank for 80

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
I don't suppose anyone has a Long Ranger tank (or similar) for an 80 lurking in the back of their garage gathering dust do they?

I have genuine toyota tanks in. Might be a bit small for you if your after a long ranger.
loads of duel filler necks.

I have the pipework with teim filler paul and the soleniods.
@stan should have a long range tank in stock.

I have a second hand long range tank but i need to collect it from a guy that was going to make me a few.

I have genuine toyota tanks in. Might be a bit small for you if your after a long ranger.
loads of duel filler necks.
How big are they CG?

I have the pipework with teim filler paul and the soleniods.
@stan should have a long range tank in stock.

I have a second hand long range tank but i need to collect it from a guy that was going to make me a few.
What condition is the secondhand one in Karl?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
50 litres. they are made for the 80 so they sit in the void above the spare wheel.

How big are they CG?

What condition is the secondhand one in Karl?

Pretty good from memory Paul.

Obviously these are the 160L so worth while the cost to add an aux tank IMO

Yep, I have a LRT, It was never used by me and is in tip top condition. The marks on the outside are just from storage.

For sale for what it cost me (£450 but open to offers) from Yaro a member of this forum from Bulgaria. A 160ltr long range fuel tank, he said

It’s a copy of a Long Ranger tank for a Land Cruiser 105.
The original 105 Series Long Ranger tank was purchased from Australia by a friend of Yaro. He said “Since then we made a 4 replicas of this tank (one was mine that you just bought). The other 3 are already installed on 80 Series cruisers. So no problem, it will fit with your 80. When he ordered the tank, the selling company assured him that this tank is one and the same for the 80 and 105 series. The necessary pipework will be needed to fit but this will be much cheaper than buying a whole long range kit from a supplier”

It is also the one Karl used as a pattern for his tanks.

I bought it for my 80 but the reinforcement for receiver hitch on my rear bumper projects back too far and the tank won’t fit in. With an ordinary tow bar it wouldn’t be a problem.

It's a bit large to post but can be collected (by you or a courier) from Julian Voelcker, that’s where the tank is at the present time.
Thanks for the heads up Nick

Front.JPG

A couple of pictures of one fitted to an 80, not mine.

long_ranger_fuel_tank_rear1.jpg
long_ranger_fuel_tank_rear2.jpg

Near side.JPG Off side.JPG Outlet.JPG Rear.JPG
1.jpg 2.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg Bottom.JPG Brackets.JPG

Last edited:
I’m not too impressed with my 60s longranger. It hangs down very vulnerably with a leading edge right in the centre of the vehicle. I had to get a protective bash plate made up which significantly reduced my ground clearance. It also came without all the fittings, was inadequately painted and takes an age to fill from the main tank. I do love the extra range though! The extra 65l gives me 800+ miles. I think the better ones are the ones that replace the original tank and spare wheel like pictured above. If i had my time again that’s the route I would go down.

I’m not too impressed with my 60s longranger. It hangs down very vulnerably with a leading edge right in the centre of the vehicle. I had to get a protective bash plate made up which significantly reduced my ground clearance. It also came without all the fittings, was inadequately painted and takes an age to fill from the main tank. I do love the extra range though! The extra 65l gives me 800+ miles. I think the better ones are the ones that replace the original tank and spare wheel like pictured above. If i had my time again that’s the route I would go down.
As my 160ltr tank wouldn't fit because of the reinforcement for my receiver hitch I ended up with a 60ltr tank fitted somewhere above the existing fuel tank (fitted by Julian V) there is no delay in the filling, I did mention filling to Julian when he fitted it, he said "It all depends on the plumbing" and it sits well up out of sight.

As my 160ltr tank wouldn't fit because of the reinforcement for my receiver hitch I ended up with a 60ltr tank fitted somewhere above the existing fuel tank (fitted by Julian V) there is no delay in the filling, I did mention filling to Julian when he fitted it, he said "It all depends on the plumbing" and it sits well up out of sight.
sounds like an altogether better arrangement :thumbup:. I would like enough capacity to give me a 1000 mile range so if, in the unlikely event, I have enough spare cash I would consider getting one that replaces the original and have a rear spare wheel carrier. Too much other work needed on the truck first though :icon-biggrin:
Mine takes a good 30 minutes to fill, which is a pain when your trying to brim the tanks

Im unsure if the westcoast incs the pump and filler etc. It all adds up if your buying second hand like chases.

As chas said. I had one copied from his and that is my brand new powdercoated one thats going on the 80 pickup.

The other i was going to get copied is the genuine 160aux one

Im unsure if the westcoast incs the pump and filler etc. It all adds up if your buying second hand like chases.

As chas said. I had one copied from his and that is my brand new powdercoated one thats going on the 80 pickup.

The other i was going to get copied is the genuine 160aux one
Most of the aux ones don’t require a second pump. They just rely on a gravity feed from one tank to another.

I have a 170l Long Ranger with Toyota duel tank filler on my new (to me ) 80 apparently :) I cant wait to fill that puppy up! (picking up on 25th btw)

:)

Last edited:
My long ranger 170 tank is filled via a dual toyota filler with the pull up lever to divert to either The standard tank or the long range one.
No probs with the filling of either at all.

I have a small electric facet type pump on the outlet of the l/r tank ( switched from the dash) that pumps through a racor filter into the standard tank.
When I see the fuel gauge on dash dropping I just flick the switch & fill the front tank from the rear one, quite gratifying when driving to see the fuel gauge rise!
I generally put fuel into the rear tank & keep the front one quite full as this then goes through the filter before going into the normal front tank, good if the fuels may be a bit dodgy! Surprising how much crap is collected in the racor filter using this method.
I’ve also got a valve off t connection on the outlet of the rear tank that can then dispense fuel by gravity into a can or something& poured directly into the front tank if necessary, but I’ve only ever used this in reality to fill a new engine fuel filter when I change it to save a load of priming, quite handy from that point of view.
Andy

Back