Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Long time lurker... First time poster.

Rob-o

image.jpeg
afternoon all,

Thought I'd say hello, this forum has been very useful so just wanted to say thanks, there is a vast amount of knowledge on here!

I'm rob, work in forestry so the truck spends a lot of time in the woods and is a workhorse, but I try and keep it presentable.

It's a '94 80 series, manual, 240k miles. Lifted, kaymar hd rear bumper with swing away carrier, ally front bullbar with winch, otherwise fairly standard.

It's also my daily driver, European adventure mobile and I tow the offroader with it, as well as laning trips.

Rob

Last edited:
Welcome Rob. Sounds like you use your 80 as nature (and Toyota!) intended. You're right about the wealth of knowledge available on here which I have certainly benefitted from on countless occasions along with many others no doubt. Nice pic, keep them coming.:thumbup:

Welcome aboard Rob!

Nice truck and photo, glad you've had some benefit from the forum, as I'm sure we all have.

The knowledge keeps building, so if you have any experiences to add, they're always welcomed.

Cheers! Hopefully there will be something I can add to the forum at times.

I'd also like to get out with some other cruisers, everyone I lane with is yet to be converted from their BlandRovers.

Here's a pic from our last trip down to Salisbury:

image.jpeg

Welcome Rob nice truck there.
Great members here for sure knowledgeable benefits help greatly us all whilst all sharing.

Welcome to the forum Rob, I'm going to ask a question about the alloy bumper, is the winch mounted directly onto it, and if so have you had any problems with it??
Just fitted the same bumper onto mine.
Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
View attachment 114232 afternoon all,

Thought I'd say hello, this forum has been very useful so just wanted to say thanks, there is a vast amount of knowledge on here!

I'm rob, work in forestry so the truck spends a lot of time in the woods and is a workhorse, but I try and keep it presentable.

It's a '94 80 series, manual, 240k miles. Lifted, kaymar hd rear bumper with swing away carrier, ally front bullbar with winch, otherwise fairly standard.

It's also my daily driver, European adventure mobile and I tow the offroader with it, as well as laning trips.

Rob
Hello Rob & welcome aboard , nice to have another working LC .I must admit I'm jealous of the winch , must be great not having g to set up a tirfor when you get a hung up tree..

Well, my winch is mounted straight to the bumper. To be honest it's been fine, no noticeable flex, but it's only a little superwinch tiger shark, so I'd recommend mounting it on a winch plate really if you've a bigger winch. I'll be mounting it on one myself in the near future, just to be sure.

Welcome to the forum Rob, I'm going to ask a question about the alloy bumper, is the winch mounted directly onto it, and if so have you had any problems with it??
Just fitted the same bumper onto mine.
Cheers

image.jpeg
Hello Rob & welcome aboard , nice to have another working LC .I must admit I'm jealous of the winch , must be great not having g to set up a tirfor when you get a hung up tree..

It can come in handy! Although to be honest I have a winch on my tractor that I use day to day.

It pulls plenty but the issue is keeping the front end down. She's a bit light on the front!

Rob

Welcome Rob.

Have you tried attaching your Cruiser to the front of your tractor? That should help keep it on terra firma. Just kidding, you wouldn't want to damage it.

Must get round to mounting my winch some day soon.

Best wishes, good to have you on board.

Richard

View attachment 114368

It can come in handy! Although to be honest I have a winch on my tractor that I use day to day.

It pulls plenty but the issue is keeping the front end down. She's a bit light on the front!
Rob

Surely, you can add some counterweights to the front, isn't that what the existing block is on the front, a mounting for added weights?

There is 450kg hanging off the front in that picture, the maximum you can fit on. I'm considering ballasting the front tyres, but it's one of those jobs you never get round to! It's only a little 3.3l, 3 cylinder engine, that's behind the front axle, so it's deceptively light on the front.

There is 450kg hanging off the front in that picture, the maximum you can fit on. I'm considering ballasting the front tyres, but it's one of those jobs you never get round to! It's only a little 3.3l, 3 cylinder engine, that's behind the front axle, so it's deceptively light on the front.

Ballasting the front tyres? Is that very technical?

Moons ago, my uncle used to run his old Massey Ferguson tractor on his dairy farm with water in the tubes to "anchor" it, as he used to say...

Ballasting the front tyres? Is that very technical?

Moons ago, my uncle used to run his old Massey Ferguson tractor on his dairy farm with water in the tubes to "anchor" it, as he used to say...

No it's no more technical than that! The only thing to remember is to add antifreeze, otherwise you get a lumpy ride when the water freezes!

Back