Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Longevity

275,000 + for me and the longest I have ever owned a vehicle.

Next down the list was my beloved XJ12 C Manual, modded to hell, running 13's in the 1/4........in the rain!

regards

Dave

1995 80 series, 250,000 + for me and at 15 yrs the longest I have ever owned a vehicle, now reluctantly sold because of that bloody Sadiq Kahn

Last edited:
See signature.... I've been waiting for 350,000 miles for ages.. this lockdown meant I've only done 57 miles in the last month...

This survey is American, and only surprises Americans, especially the 'Jeep Rocks!' brigade..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The normally rust out before going mechanically

I agree, the only car I persevered with rust issues was the Jaguar, having said that it probably left Leyland with rust, :grinning: other more mundane vehicles were soon sold on or scrapped.

Last year @Rodger from over on the 40 forum came over from Almeria and done plenty of work to curtail the rust on the inner right rear arch of my 94 80, the rust was which was cut out was soon replaced with a new generic arch, this was welded in and plates joined to it to repair the inner arch. Rodger also lavished some POR 15 under there to seal it up, that was followed by black Hammerite paint inside and out, a hole was drilled at the rear of the inner arch to drain the water that tends to collect there, probably entering via the rear sliding windows and light fitting.

The left rear inner arch also needs some TLC but is nowhere near as bad as the right hand side was....yet! But with ill health preventing traveling last year and the lock down here screwing our trip ideas year, the rust can wait, as soon as I can I want out!

Returning to work Monday, it will be good to have the money direction coming out of the bank reversed!

regards

Dave

Back