Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

looking for a contact in Finland?

Gr8fulabe

Country Flag
united_states
Hi all!

I'm not sure where to post this, so I thought I'd just try here. Long story short, I'm chasing a Land Cruiser in Finland, but I can't bid on it because I can't verify myself since I don't have a Finnish bank account. I do have a bank account in Germany that I can send a wire transfer from to pay for the truck if I win, but I don't have any way to try & win it.

So I'm trying to find a Finnish Cruiser guy/girl that might be willing to help out by bidding as a proxy for me. I fully understand how crazy this reads, so I will not be offended if everybody tells me to get lost! :). The plan would be win the truck, pay for it via wire transfer, and then in early March my wife & I would fly over to pick it up & vacation for a week before shipping it home.

The toughest part is that I now have less than 24 hours to pull this off. So, does anyone possibly know of someone, or am I just plain out of luck?

Thanks in advance & I won't be offended when people say I'm crazy!

best,
ABe

Not crazy at all, but people will put you in the same category as the Nigerian prince who keeps telling us that we've inherited his farther's fortune. I have an uncle in Finland, but he's not going to be able to help that's for sure. Arctic Trucks have a place just outside Helsinki. I wonder if they might be able to do something to help.

Good luck anyway. We have a map facility on the forum which will let you see which members live in that part of the world.

Yeah, that is why I'm not holding out a ton of hope. If someone approached me the same way, I'd think scam artist right away. That's why I won't be offended by nobody believing me. Assuming this works, a pic below of two of our trucks at the house now. Both 1983 Australian HJ47's.

upload_2019-1-31_15-34-47.png

I believe you, but we live in a world full of crooks and cheats. And that's just the governments.

Just make sure any contact you get is trustworthy too!

We would wire the money directly tot he sellers, so whoever helped us wouldn't have to worry about any cash going back & forth or anything, and we wouldn't have a risk of loss related to them keeping it either. The only real risk to the seller would be that they bid for us, win the auction & then we couldn't pay. That would cause a bad mark on their account when they had to back out of the deal. I guess our risk would be that they decide to pay themselves & keep the truck. But that seems slim, and we wouldn't back out if we win.

Thanks,
Abe

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Of course. But your risk is they take your money and keep the truck! Shipping it's going to be another thing.

Best of luck, seriously. If not, we've absolutely loads of completely mint ones here which we promise to ship to you once we have your money ...

Only kidding. All of your roads are on the wrong side.

Are you in the UK, or where? Depending on build date, I'll happily take your HDJ80 off your hands some time next year! :)

There's a guy in Finland on the FJ Forum, FJCruiserforums.com. You could try putting this post there and see if he responds. Also might be worth posting on iH8Mud.com as there is a good international membership of the TLCA

There's a guy in Finland on the FJ Forum, FJCruiserforums.com. You could try putting this post there and see if he responds. Also might be worth posting on iH8Mud.com as there is a good international membership of the TLCA

Mud sent me here actually! :) I'll see if I can track down the guy on the FJ Cruiser forum. Pretty long odds at this point though. I've got a bit over 2hours to find someone now, and the bid skyrocketed up quite a bit overnight (my night, your day). Price wise, it is slipping away for what I'm comfortable with risk wise, since I can't see it in person & all that. At the risk of drumming up further competition, since I think it is pretty unlikely for me, have a look for all to enjoy!

https://huutokaupat.com/1195241

Back