Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for a petrol 80

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Next week I will be viewing a 1996 petrol 80 with LPG, is there anything in particular I should be aware of with a petrol (besides the running costs :lol: ) the description mentions 'Active Traction Control' would that indicate it's an import :? not really a problem as if I buy it, it will be kept standard as a DD with no modifications, and definitely NOT off-roaded :naughty: well that's the intention anyway ;)

Full description below;

This is a LPG Automatic 8 seater 4x4 vehicle. Fantastic money saver on fuel. 11 Months MOT. 6 Months Tax. Interior features:- 50/50 split/folding/detachable 3rd row of seats 60/40 split/folding 2nd row of seats Centre console storage Climate control air conditioning Door bins Electrically multi-adjustable front seats Front/rear cupholders Heated front seats Leather steering wheel Lockable glovebox Map reading lamp Memory for drivers seat/door mirrors Memory to steering wheel Tilt adjustable steering wheel Tonneau cover 6 speakers CD autochanger Stereo radio cassette Cruise control Outside temperature gauge PAS Remote fuel cap release Tachometer. Exterior features:- Drivers window one touch up/down Electric aerial Electric front+rear windows Electric heated exterior mirrors Electric tilt/slide glass sunroof + interior blind Front fog lights Halogen headlights Headlamp levelling Headlight washers + water filling control Heated rear window. Safety:-ABS Active Traction Control (TRC) Driver/front passenger airbag Front seatbelt pretensioners with force limiters Height adjustable front seatbelts Side impact protection beams Locking wheel nuts Remote alarm with transponder immobiliser Remote central locking. £2,990

Attachments

• media.jpg
    media.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 432
Hi Chas, you ok?

just to say make sure it has the LPG certificate with it. Have you got an insurance quote yet? I found the petrol/LPG ones dearer than diesel ones ( with AF)

Andy :thumbup:

I'm fine thanks, or will be once I get another 80 :thumbup: It doesn't have the certificate, but there's a company close to me who can sort that, I haven't checked about the insurance yet but I hope that won't be a problem, the Lexus has LPG and I shall see if that ins company will just transfer to the Land Cruiser :pray:

Just rang Adrian Flux, the Lexus ins can be transfered and is actually cheaper, I will even get a refund :dance:

That looks like a nice 80. Hope it works out for you :thumbup:

Are you selling the Lexus or part-exchanging it against the 80?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cossack said:
the description mentions 'Active Traction Control' would that indicate it's an import :?
Active traction control = Atrac, no? :think:
Fortunately this was not deemed of suitable quality to go on the mighty 80, so not present on any 80s I'm aware of. I think this is an advertising "mistake". Anyway, not something to dwell on ;)

Andrew Prince said:
Cossack said:
the description mentions 'Active Traction Control' would that indicate it's an import :?
Active traction control = Atrac, no? :think:
Fortunately this was not deemed of suitable quality to go on the mighty 80, so not present on any 80s I'm aware of. I think this is an advertising "mistake". Anyway, not something to dwell on ;)
Yes, that had me puzzled, I wasn't sure if it might be referring to an LSD, "The Mighty 80" eh? I'll be so glad to get behind the wheel of one again :dance:

What are you doing with your red Land Cruiser Chas? :?:

Obviously he will use it for when there's a chance of very solid objects jumping out in front of the you when driving :cool:

:naughty: :naughty: naughty naughty Rob, no I'll be keeping it for overland trips :handgestures-fingerscrossed: and maybe the occasional P&P :think:
This message is coming to you from sunny but cold Prague :obscene-drinkingcheers:

I just hope that one doesn't get sold before I return

Don't worry Chas, I can say these things because they apply to my as well. Its so easy to get carried away with driving into things when you have all that steel up front ;)

Rob said:
Obviously he will use it for when there's a chance of very solid objects jumping out in front of the you when driving :cool:

:lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Cossack said:
:naughty: :naughty: naughty naughty Rob, no I'll be keeping it for overland trips :handgestures-fingerscrossed: and maybe the occasional P&P :think:
This message is coming to you from sunny but cold Prague :obscene-drinkingcheers:

I just hope that one doesn't get sold before I return
There you have it folks,

The thin end of the wedge.

Watch this space.

Gra.

I knew I shouldn't have gone to Prague, bl**dy cars been sold while I was away :angry-screaming:

Earlier tonight I phoned about another 80 I've been considering but got the numbers mixed up
redface-oops-6.gif
and got through to the chap selling the green one, it seems like it's not been sold yet
woohoo-022.gif
but he's working in Poland at the mo and it was a bad line so I might have misunderstood, he's calling me back when he returns to the UK in a couple of days, so fingers crossed there might be a deal coming up
handshake-147.GIF

Hope so Chas,

May be it was a scam buyer, or may be he bid on his own truck?

Well, may be you get a second chance then ?

Gra.

There were/are a few decent *looking* petrol 80s on eBay recently - I think fuel prices are hitting some owners of daily drivers hard......so perhaps some deals to be had for the occasion user.

Back