Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for a SWB 120. Are they really that rare?

mcnallykev

Country Flag
uk
Hi All,

Hoping you can help. I'm after the above and can go up to about £10k. There only seems to be a handful around. Do they come up often or am I best to look at what is on the market at the moment? They are all quite high milers.

Can't go LWB as the wife says its too big!

Thanks

They are rare but getting out of a swb 90 series and into a lwb 120 for me was like getting into a ford mondeo so i'd ask her to test drive one before limiting your choices .

Thanks for the reply. I'm working on it but she hates the look of them and the SWB is a compromise. She would likely never drive it. She is usually very good but she isn't a fan of these. Used to have a Range Rover and it has scarred her!

There are a lot more SWB 120s in Ireland, so may be worth looking there.

They are vans mostly in Ireland because of the way they calculate tax or some such , I won't suggest you could put cage in the back for the wife :whistle:

. Maybe an idea. Thanks for that. So it really is very little choice.... I'll keep an eye out for a few weeks. Have a Skoda Superb to sell which should net me a good profit to put toward an LC..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have seen that one but haven't emailed them. I probably should. the fact they hadn't cleaned the wheels made me think it may not be very well cared for. I'll get the Reg off them and check the History. Thanks for posting!

If your going for a SWB They are usually the commercial spec, Cleaning the wheels is the last thing on their minds, Dont be surprised if there is still an old straw bale in the back and some Offal under the passenger seat....... Good luck with the search

SilverLc3 3 door for sale on eBay in Sheffield. Not a commercial.

Thanks guys. I’ve seen the one in Belfast too. The MOT mentions under body corrosion all over so probably best to avoid.

There is one in Cornwall that mentioned corroded brake pipes but that seems to have been fixed. Is that a fairly common issue?

Everything is so far away from Scotland!

Your unlikely to find a good one in sunny Scotland and all cruisers can look mint on top while being rust buckets underneath so you should always ask for pics of the underside before you travel to view for yourself .

Not what your looking for but Garygiles 2005 truck looks very good underneath so just for reference

rare as rocking horse poop round here, here in Brisbane the Prado is hugely popular, my street has 2 on it and I'm within 500m of 2 other 90 series at least. But I've only seen one SWB variant ever, a 150 series.

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I need to get in touch with the ones out there are persuade the wife bigger is better :);););)

Unless you can find an imported 120 from a warmer, drier climate, you will be hard pushed to find a rust free 120. Note I say rust, not rot.
Most of us have had to do rust remedial treatment, on UK vehicles, and especially from Scotland, don't ask how I know. Ha ha.

Back