Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking to buy a 120, rust concerns

Ha,.yes that's the one I meant. So another 120 added to the list. £180 is interesting, I was quoted £350 by Mr

Admitetdy mine probably took 4 hours to change because I read the fault finding section of the fault code wrong and had the multimeter into wires under the central console. But if I'd done as it said it would have been 15 minutes. Part was only about £100 a couple of years ago but £180 seems to be the best about now from either Roughtrax or Milners. Wasn't much less than that on Amayama / Partsouq without the postage.

I thought an LC3 was a 3dr and an LC5 was the 5dr version, whats this LC4 I see mentioned?
Do all 5dr or long wheel bases have airbag suspensions, I thought only the Amazons would have had that. I thought the 5dr was the exact same except for the extra doors and length to the SWB LC3.

I thought an LC3 was a 3dr and an LC5 was the 5dr version

I think the 3 door is only LC3, but I could be wrong. The 5 door ones (J120) come in LC3, LC4, LC5

, whats this LC4 I see mentioned?

LC3 is basically rear diff lock and spare on the back door

LC4 is traction control and spare underneath

LC5 is LC4 + air suspension + fancy satnav

Do all 5dr or long wheel bases have airbag suspensions,

no, LC3 and LC4 dont

I thought only the Amazons would have had that.

see above

I thought the 5dr was the exact same except for the extra doors and length to the SWB LC3.

Depends on trim level!

According to the brochure....

Tailgate mounted spare was standard on LC3, LC4, LC5 (but NOT LC4/LC5 petrol)

Underbody mounted spare was an option on LC4 + LC5 (but standard on petrol)

Apart from the weight of the spare i prefer it on the back door (mines a 55 plate LC5 with door mounted spare), the wheel itself isn't ruined by salt and filth, and its easier to keep the corrsion prone rear end of the chassis clean and occasionally treated with whatever you use for rustproofing, keep the hinges oiled up close the door gently and don't let it open on its own only to strain the stay and it will be fine for decades.

My Hilux had the underslung spare, but by buying the vehicle new was able to wrap the wheel in thick black polythene and kept the lowering mechanism well greased from the first week (as well as rustproofing the truck with wheel removed), would hate to be on the side of a busy road trying to get the spare down from the usual neglected underbody position after buying a used example of 4x4 so fitted.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back