Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking to find find a proper rebuilt rear diff for my land cruiser 90 .. 1996 - 3,0 diesel auto transmission.. 43/10 with diff lock actuator

Taro

Country Flag
denmark
Hey guys hello from Denmark.. Anybody know where i can find a proper rebuilt rear diff for my land cruiser 90 .. 1996 - 3,0 diesel auto transmission.. 43/10 and must be for diff lock actuator..? And yes the hard part must be within the EU or in UK. .. Im not up to doing a rebuild myself.. Thanx

Because i dont have anyone to rebuild it and if using a registred mechanic its way more expensive than buying a rebuild item from outside Denmark. Bearings are worn out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be looking on ebay for a used one because i can't recall ever reading on here about a failed rear diff in the 90 series .

What’s the symptoms of the failed bearing? Grinding noise? Is it due to over tighten of the prop shaft nut?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They fail often here due to milage.. Mine has run 435000 km so its well used.. Rebuildt it with a friend but we did not know what we did and overthightened it so the bearings are noisy.. But this time ill just buy a rebuildt item.. Have looked on ebay but they are without difflock.. Mine has difflock. But are in touch with someone just wanted to hear what else is out there.

No grinding just whining.. The local Toyota dealer testet it and found the rear diff was the problem. First i thought it was the aut transmission.

I wouldn't know how to rebuild it myself but while changing the front diff i got to reading about replacing the crush tube with a solid spacer which might be something to investigate though i'm not sure if it might help .

As i understand it the tube is meant to crush but if you over tighten you crush it too much , with a solid spacer , providing its the correct length it always goes back together the way it came apart . Sadly i guess you would take the measurements from the original partly crushed spacer .

Back