Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looks good but don’t trust the seller!!

The one hes got listed on that ebay link as an LJ70 isnt even an LJ70..................its a KZJ70 and a massively overpriced one at that! :icon-rolleyes:

at 12k though compared to the shitter he sold me it looks a bargain with the 3ltr engine. I imagine it’s a rust bucket too as it seems he trades them and makes these dog story’s up. If only I could post something for people to read on eBay.

at 12k though compared to the shitter he sold me it looks a bargain with the 3ltr engine. I imagine it’s a rust bucket too as it seems he trades them and makes these dog story’s up. If only I could post something for people to read on eBay.
You could put a listing up with pictures of yours with your story in the description and a way out price. Prepare for some nasty messages or block the seller though.

can't you report him to ebay? Or leave him negative feedback with a warning to others? Not a big ebay user so not sure how it all works.

Failing that maybe a baseball bat and some mates...

I messaged him yesterday but some of it was my own fault as I was naive. There was so much interest in mine on the auction when I bought it but I imagine now that was him and friends, don’t get me wrong it did look good in the pictures as does the one he’s selling now with his just washed photo.

If he was local I’d of been there but the distance rules that out.

I live in hope that mine will be a peach but no thanks to this joker, mine was worth the springs and other new bits but nowhere near what I paid and wtf was the winch on the rear for?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Interesting - just looked at his eBay score - he's got a perfect record in last 12 months. But only 5 sales related scores and one of those (over 12 months ago) reports that the vehicle was stolen/received and needed mayor work! Sketchy.... Bund - did you buy through eBay? I presume you didn't give feedback?

Again my main failing, we spoke but he said he couldn’t amend his reserve price and I was highest bidder at 4K which I’d said is all I’d pay and then funny enough got bid to 4K but not a penny more which was below the reserve so we agreed verbally that I’d buy it for that and made payments to his bank accounts so I lost my Right via eBay to back it. The most I could of done was flag the sale with eBay to inform them he may of acted outside the rules.

I should of got him to place a buy it now add but wasn’t really clued up to the usefulness of rejecting a car if bad through them back then.

Ah, don't beat yourself up - I buy and sell a lot of stuff and still managed to buy my 80 series through this forum with rose-tinted glasses on. Only when I got it back home I found a load of stuff needed sorting out (airbag, exhaust, immobiliser system (that was a MASSIVE PITA), wheel bearings) and the previous owner told a number of porkies... but 5 years on and after the initial faff to get it sorted out, its proved worthwhile. Hopefully you'll feel the same once the repairs are sorted.

Hi Iv been reading the site for a while now I'll post on the introduction page soon. Seeing what this guy is doing has wound me up and I want to help anybody avoid what bund has had to go though and stop the seller from making any money on cruisers. iv followed what's happened with your cruiser bund as I also had and lj70 until a month ago when it was unfortunately stolen from outside my house and is still missing :(. As I'm a massive 70 series addict Iv all ways kept a close eye on what ones are for sale and have screen shots of most to help me if I ever wanted to buy another if I had seen it sell previously. I recognised this straight away it was on eBay for a month and ran to the end of its add only finished about 4-5 weeks ago. I thought it wasn't a bad price for a kzj with the mileage, I wondered why it didn't sell considering how few are left now. I put it down to either being rotten underneath or that it only came up if you searched classic Toyota and may have just not been spotted. I guess the guy got it cheeper than the add as it didn't sell and what he's asking now is mad for spraying the bumpers and wheels black would bet its prob bad underneath as well. Sorry for the essay, hope any potential buyers spot this and avoid.

IMG_0744.jpg

Interesting. There's a lot of sharks out there. Thanks for posting that Jon and welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear yours was stolen, it's a horrible business to have happen to you. If you haven't already filled the gap that's been left, I hope you do soon so you can post up some photos.

Best wishes
Rich

Thanks Jon88 - good post. With Rich in this... we need to work together to ensure genuine enthusiasts aren't fecked over by these money grabbing arseholes.

I just noticed, the seller doesn't seem to have the "ask questions" on.. but you can make an offer. Should we blitz him with sub £2k offers ;-)

Jon88 sorry to hear about the theft, are you looking at others already?

He calls the Landcruiser a "jeep". The man who bought my 100 also referred to it as a "jeep". He bought it and it's now for sale in Scotland. His business has terrible feedback on the 'net.

Hi all
I know this thread is a few years old but does anyone know about this silver kzj70 in the above photo?
There is nothing amiss I have seen it around in Kent and just interested.
kind regards
Mick

Last edited:
Back