Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

lost keys

harpo

Country Flag
uk
Hello everyone

I recently got a landcruiser 80 it only came with one key which i have had stolen from my work van .I only really use it for towing does anyone know the best way to get some new keys or is it a case of changing the locks ?

All the best

Chris

I have a customer whose partner is an auto locksmith. They have tools which go into the locks and read them a number which in turn gives the pattern. Changing the locks a pain in the gonads.

Thanks for the replies , I have tried toyota with chasis number log book they said i would need to change the ignition and door locks which is 700 and then after fitting the ecu or the key would have to be coded to the ecu which they cant do . I also rang car keys online they could not help on this at all . Iam thinking about getting a ignition with key would that work ? would that have to be coded to the ecu ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What reg is the 80? My 80 from '95 has just plain keys with the remote/alarm fob separate. No interaction with an Ecu AFAIK.

Yes no ECU but separate alarm/immobiliser unit. The latter also needs a "key" in the form of a fob. Do you still have the fob for the alarm.

I did not use my alarm for several years as the fobs were unreliable. Occasionally I had to reset the immobiliser. When the batteries were disconnected for several days for major work the immobiliser unit stopped working. It needed resetting with every start. Complete PITA, I tried to remove the immobiliser but could not make everything work. Beyond my electrical competency. Local firm installed new alarm, immobiliser and fobs for £120 pounds over the cost of them removing the old alarm only.

Thanks it feels like Iam getting somewhere the reg is h386 bmd a 1992

I don’t have a fob and never did on the drivers side under bonnet there’s a box that’s been disconnected I think that looks like it was

Back