Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Loud tone alert issue

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi guys for the last few weeks here & there sometimes there's been a loud alarm like tone mostly when switching the car on & off around the dash. It's a mystery so far to see what it is or what it's affected.

The vehicle only has central locking fob with no alarm.
Any ideas or experience welcome

Thank you

Last edited:
Do you get the chiming when you put the keys in and don't start the engine but open the door?

Sunroof closed correctly, mine chimes if not completely closed.

Regards

Dave

Do you get the chiming when you put the keys in and don't start the engine but open the door?

That's normal chime seems ok when the door is open Richard this is an unexpected beep tone quite loud and always expected occurring sometimes, not even enough to make it happen myself. Quite a mystery because would like to record it so I guess I will have no make a plan to record my entry to the vehicle from now on in the event it does happen to have it to share.

Thanks

There is a tone for leaving the sunroof open but it's not really loud. Then there's the reverse beeper as well but I don't know of another sound unless it is coming from an old alarm or something. :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mine has a buzz to advise if I have the lights on when I remove the key with the door open.

Mine has a buzz to advise if I have the lights on when I remove the key with the door open.
I'll have to try that. I usually have mine set to auto so it turns the lights off when I open the door. :)

Drove the car yesterday and didn't happen hopefully if it happened today I can record it.

Door chime works fine.

Today the noise didn't wanna show face now that I'm after it...
.lol

Noticed some time ago that the lights no longer turn off after the key has been removed. Is this normal or something wrong?

If they are set to 'Auto' they turn off when you open the door not when the key is removed Dervis. If You have the lights on 'Auto' then this is normal.

Back