Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Low mileage 80.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Anyone looking for a tidy 80, lots of life left in it:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-LA...805755?hash=item4af9e04a3b:g:Zt4AAOSwPc9W0DBb

However note its not a GX but a GS "Farmers special" with GX/VX alloys and maybe retro fitted wooden trim.
GX had air con, 3rd row seats, sliding rear windows and passenger air bag, side steps amongst other differences.
Looks like the GS badge has "fallen off".

Still its the lowest mileage 80 UK spec which has been advertised in recent times, around 5K per year.

I think this may belong to 'James101' who joined the forum last week, certainly looks clean...

Patch on os rear of the sill?

It is the guys on here.

Never seen wooden door cards on a lower spec andy. Also not seen a wood look top on the cubby box before

They are instantly swappable Karl,although I dont know if it was an option in 96. My GX has had a full VX swap and is a better place for it. My GS ( which already had super condition leather trim) is going to have the "Wood" look installed when I get round to it.
I gotta say Karl, the wood trim on the cubby box I've never seen either, which doesn't mean it might not be home made.

They are instantly swappable Karl,although I dont know if it was an option in 96. My GX has had a full VX swap and is a better place for it. My GS ( which already had super condition leather trim) is going to have the "Wood" look installed when I get round to it.
I gotta say Karl, the wood trim on the cubby box I've never seen either, which doesn't mean it might not be home made.

Agree mate, easy to retrofit the wood door cards. Maybe a spec that the first owner wanted.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The wood trim on the cubby box doesn't look like the rest. It has a more reddish hue and the grain looks different too.

I though only pre-95 manuals didnt have aircon as standard

On the 95-96 GS's Air con was an option. Chris's GS has it, I think it was a £1004 option at the time. The GS was a bit of a stripped out 80 but it was £10K cheaper than a VX but was not a big seller and only lasted about a year before the better specced GX came along.

Anyone looking for a tidy 80, lots of life left in it:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-LA...805755?hash=item4af9e04a3b:g:Zt4AAOSwPc9W0DBb

However note its not a GX but a GS "Farmers special" with GX/VX alloys and maybe retro fitted wooden trim.
GX had air con, 3rd row seats, sliding rear windows and passenger air bag, side steps amongst other differences.
Looks like the GS badge has "fallen off".

Still its the lowest mileage 80 UK spec which has been advertised in recent times, around 5K per year.

Thanks for the GX/GS clarification Andy - to be honest I wasn't aware of the distinction. It is my advert so apologies for the error - honest mistake. I can assure you if the GS badge "fell off" it was before I acquired it. That explains the lack of air-con at least. Pleasantly surprised by the amount of interest it has got although it is in good nick and first viewing this afternoon, so fingers crossed.

Thanks for the GX/GS clarification Andy - to be honest I wasn't aware of the distinction. It is my advert so apologies for the error - honest mistake. I can assure you if the GS badge "fell off" it was before I acquired it. That explains the lack of air-con at least. Pleasantly surprised by the amount of interest it has got although it is in good nick and first viewing this afternoon, so fingers crossed.

Good luck with the sale James, someones going to get a "special" 80 in my opinion.

Andy

Back