Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LPG in short supply

Juddian

Supporter
Country Flag
great_britain
I use this app for finding LPG suppliers, note just how many sites are showing no LPG, and if you click on those that are showing the last reported usage of those sites can be several weeks ago and i suspect almost all are out of gas now.

Any thoughts as to why.

Seems to be a lot of usual petrol and diesel stations out of fuel round Huntingdon regularly. Its a conspiracy to get combustion off the roads! :think: :lol:

in cars LPG is alternative rather than a necessity , rationing has already been discussed and i guess they decided to prioritize instead ?

Apparently, the climate change terrorists were at it again blockading fuel depots around the country at the weekend which temporarily delayed some fuel deliveries.

Fuel depot

I thought the big threat was that a steady stream of petrol stations and operators are scrapping the pumps altogether.

Also LPG was 129.9 per litre at my local BP yesterday which really made me question its ability to survive as a mainstream fuel.

On a related note I went out to get a Calor gas bottle last week. Still looking.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you're anywhere remotely near Sheffield I'll take one. The bottles are still available but no one seems to have any gas to fill them with.

If you're anywhere remotely near Sheffield I'll take one. The bottles are still available but no one seems to have any gas to fill them with.
Our local coffee guy use bottled gas on is van and has struggled for over a year with gas supply

I'm currently in a mobile home while I build my house. I'm running lpg for heating and water. I'm paying £40 bottle rent x3 and £73 per refill. Its like having a mortgage again as a bottle lasts just over a week at the moment. Gas price has almost doubled in the last few years.

Am in Hampshire (UK) a few miles away :)
Been trying to fill a refillable LPG bottle for our motorhome but no one has it on tap at the moment.

I haven't needed to fill my Collie's LPG tank since Xmas (yes really!), mainly because it was left stranded on my drive for over 2 months following a ruptured brake line till quite recently.

However I'm now running low and not looking forward to the "hunt for LPG" game, that has become harder and harder to play in recent years.

I'm fairly lucky as I've got nearly 100k miles of trouble free miles out of my BRC system, so I suppose it's paid for itself many times over the last 12 years but I certainly wouldn't touch anything with LPG now.

Some reassuring news was our local Morrisons recently installed new LPG pumps, which hopefully means they intend to continue for a while yet, if and when supplies are allowed to be sent out.
It's not as if Calor sell much else.
Even the Flogas sites are showing no fuel.
The tanker was delivering to our depot yesterday though, for our fleet of fork trucks, so there's some still about.

Many fuel sites have been overpricing LPG for a long time now, deliberately falling sales would give them the excuse they need to remove it.

Anyone in North Hampshire then you'll pretty much always find lpg at Sutton acotney petrol station (although it's behind the petrol station)

Back