Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LPG temperature

64fabius

Country Flag
italy
Hello,
I've a 1999 4.7 V8 UZJ 100 equipped with a LPG BiGas system. During this winter, in the morning, it happens that when car swicthes from petrol to LPG, the engine runs irregularly, as if stops. But as soon as engine temperature raises, engine works fine.
So, I checked what swtching temperature was on BiGas diagnostic tool and I found that it was 40°C . Then I tried to raise it until engine run regularly and now the switching temperature is 65°C. At this point, the engine runs regularly and idle is steady.
What is the LPG switching temperature in your cars during winter?

I've had a BRC system fitted (since 2009) on my 5VZ-FE (3.4v6 90 series) and done almost 100k miles on LPG. It has always switched over as soon as the temperature needle starts to move from zero. This can be as little as around 1min/500yards in Summer or 5mins/1mile in Winter. I'm not sure of the exact temp when it switches but I don't think that changes, just the time to get to that "switching" temp.

If the engine is already warm, then the switchover is instant - i.e. start car and within 2-3 seconds, it will switch over to LPG.

BRC system on our Forester, as Chadr in summer its swapped over within 30 seconds, in winter probably 4 minutes before changeover whether ticking over or driving.
Same temp switching whatever the season or temp outside, temp gauge reads just over minimum.

Hi
I have an italiann system in my 2UZFE, switch over temp is 40 - 45C, taKes 2 mins in cool UK and in snowy winter days 4-5 mins, my car has been FAB on LPG and done 140,000 miles ... I certainly recommend LPG .... PRINZ oil injector is an expensive, polluting over kill on these engines

Back