Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lwb/swb boot size

I have often wondered myself Umar but have reasoned if there is 16" difference between the two the extra bit must be behind your swb rear seat so the mats won't fit . Could be wrong of course but i aint buying a mat to find out .

I'm genuinely puzzled that you're actually asking this question? :?

The SWB and LWB 90 series are quite different in size, as is obvious from the outside - somewhere around 400mm or 16 inches in old money. The rear (centre/middle in the LWB) seat passengers may get an extra mm or two of leg room but most of that extra 400mm of length is in the boot. It is designed for another (3rd) row of seats/passengers after all.

I would suggest taking a look on autotrader or ebay for ads of LWBs - sometimes sellers put pics of the boot. All will become obvious then. :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
Standing at the back of the car with rear door open and seats up in both trucks the boot space looks very similar . Umar hasn't mentioned mats but i arrived at the question because i can't find 90 series boot mats and to look at the readily available 95 mats look spot on to fill the whole boot with the rear seats folded .

Last edited:
LWB/SWB boot size - Are they the same size ?

This is the original question? Yes?

Standing at the back of the car with rear door open and seats up in both trucks the boot space looks very similar.

Then I would (politely) suggest that is not the answer, as you are simply not comparing like for like IMHO. The SWB has only 2 rows of seats and with both of those in use, what is left behind (literally), is IMHO the boot. Similarly in the LWB, with the first and second rows of seats in use, what is remaining is the boot* of the LWB.

IMHO you need to be comparing these "boots" - i.e. both SWB and LWB with 5 passengers. That would be like for like IMHO.

With just front seat driver/passenger and the middle bench seat of LWB folded, the resulting area is again, much bigger on the LWB than the SWB in a similar configuration.

* You might disagree about the boot of the LWB as this area also incorporates the 3rd row of seats - with these folded down, the remaining area is just about enough to store a single small suitcase sideways. So I personally don't consider it as the "boot" in normal use.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When I transferred my storage box from Fiery (SWB)90 to Swampy (LWB)95 this is how much extra space I had between the back of the seats and the storage box. When in Fiery it was flush to the back of the seats. From memory the extra depth in the boot floor between the (SWB)90 and the (LWB)95 is about 400mm :0)

OK, got some more done :)

My main focus has been to get the storage system that I had installed in Fiery transferred over to Swampy, but it required a fair bit of fetling before this was possible!

First job was to remove the tab from off of the back edge. This used to tuck under the rear seats of Fiery and was the main fixing point.

IMG_8198_zpsb1142163.jpg

IMG_8199_zpscc52361b.jpg

Loving it :) :) :)

Back