Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

M50 in Dublin

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
This is not really a trip thing, but I thought the travel section might still be the best place to post it.

So a few days ago, I was in Dublin. And went across the m50 toll a few times. Unfortunately I missed the next day 8pm deadline, had thought I would be home and can do it online but got delayed in traffic etc.

Now when I goto pay for it on eflow it says that I must wait for the penalty for the reference no to pay against.

Anyone over here in the UK been in that position? And have had a penalty in the post? I dont mind paying the extra 3eur or so, but I dont want it to roll past 14 days and end up with a huge bill.

Have tried to call eflow with no luck (cant seem to get through ).

I had a penalty turn up from there last year think they gave me 28 days to pay it

Easy to sign up and pay.
Its a bit of a pain if you forgot or never noticed it !!

This is not really a trip thing, but I thought the travel section might still be the best place to post it.

So a few days ago, I was in Dublin. And went across the m50 toll a few times. Unfortunately I missed the next day 8pm deadline, had thought I would be home and can do it online but got delayed in traffic etc.

Now when I goto pay for it on eflow it says that I must wait for the penalty for the reference no to pay against.

Anyone over here in the UK been in that position? And have had a penalty in the post? I dont mind paying the extra 3eur or so, but I dont want it to roll past 14 days and end up with a huge bill.

Have tried to call eflow with no luck (cant seem to get through ).

Wouldn't bother paying it. They would have to extradite you to get the money.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wouldn't bother paying it. They would have to extradite you to get the money.

The docs seem to indicate that they can issue penalty points across the EU ( the Dartford crossing and London congestion charge can do this too )

The docs seem to indicate that they can issue penalty points across the EU ( the Dartford crossing and London congestion charge can do this too )

Never heard of anyone getting penalty points even on an Irish licence, the c+++++ that operate the M50 runs the fines into 5 figures scarily quickly. I have one friend they were trying to summons for 14,000 euro!!
Its all bluster though as regards UK reg. I know guys using it daily on UK plates and never paying a cent.

Did you end up paying, KB? I just had one of these through today for a trip I did before Christmas. Grand total of a fiver.

Did you end up paying, KB? I just had one of these through today for a trip I did before Christmas. Grand total of a fiver.

I did.... It took them about 7 months before anything came through the post. Looks like the are getting better at it

Just for info if anyone else ends up crossing the toll, you can also pay it at almoat any petrol station or convenience store style shop within 50km of the toll through their 'payzone' facility over the counter. Better off to avoid any hassle. I had the same with the Dartford crossing last summer but managed to get on online

I thought I had managed to avoid the toll road but I must have used a short section of it in the middle of the dark and foggy night ... In any case I was relieved when a polite request for £5.47 landed on my doormat three months later rather than the scare tactics and whopping sums they send you over here if you so much as nod off at a service station.

Back