Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

M62, back 'int day.

So basically, nothing's changed. Other than sideburns.

Gets interesting when it starts snowing.

An ambulance makes a dramatic entrance, Loses it, and crashes into a police car.

Love some of the rollickings from the coppers.

Filling in the Accident Sheet before the accident happens.... Mint, Love it.... "Ay up Lad 'wot' thou doin".... I do miss the North....... Them fancy Disc Brakes 'eh' Lad!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes that was hillarious 'Folk think just because they've got a £5000 car wi t'disc brakes they can stop on t'sixpence!'

Was that a Datsun 120 Y on its roof?.......

That brings gack some memories! I remember watching it on TV years ago, they said it was the Motorway that would never close! There's also a very good documentary about the building of the M62 in the early '70's showing the problems thay faced not only with the weather but with the terrain, machinery bogged down up to the cab in peat etc. It was supposed to be designed so that snow wouldn't accumulate on the carraigways due to the camber, or something. Yeah right.

Then of course there's the famous farm right in the middle of it.

Watch The Farm on the Motorway - BFI Player - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club] (Top sideburns)

1612194527966.png

Yep! They Wouldn't Budge, For love 'Nor' Money....

I bet they wished they had sold out. No neighbours, just 3 lanes of an arterial Motorway either side! Nightmare. Nowadays it'd probably be compulsory purchased.

Have to say that's not the story I heard. Dunno if it's in the second film, but the version I heard from the familiy is that the idea they wouldn't move and the motorway was built round them is a complete myth.

But not such a good story though.

Interesting to look back on that. I've shifted tons of freight and clocked up 100s of miles tramping up and down there ! Brings back memories, snowed in overnight at Hartshead Moor services.

Back