Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Maintenance App

pugwash

Country Flag
uk
would love to find an app where i can record all the work done on the 100 and set reminders for servicing/mots etc
Does anyone use anything similar that they can recommend?

I don't know of an app - though I'm sure there will be some.

My immediate thought was to create a "my 100" calendar in whatever app you use (Outlook, Google etc.) one that you can overlay over your own personal calendar, if necessary, or it can standalone.

You can always export all the historical items periodically to a spreadsheet - excel, google sheets etc. and maintain records that way.

As I said, that was just off the top of my head - no idea whether that would work or not! :think:

Just use a spreadsheet. Any will do. OpenOffice Calc is free and easy to use.

1647903751036.png

In 200 we can record everything in the car infotainment system. There are some readily available ones like breaks, oil etc. we can enter other items in personal section. This should be same in 100 series as well

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I don't like computers so important stuff even if sent via email gets printed off and saved because computers can not be trusted to save anything .

That doesn't help you though so i will suggest why don't you just type it out and save page to a usb dongle .

Karl, Recently car was showing oil change, tyre change message on the satnav screen. This was set a year ago or long before that. I changed battery in between but it didnt get erased. My guess is that these reminders wont get erased.

A maintenance schedule was posted here few months ago and I printed it and kept in bedroom as option 1, option 2- entered dates and schedules in car infotainment, option 3 I trust my obscessive mind :) if first two options fail.

App is a great idea. I am old school, I got Mrs old iphone 12 after she moved to newer one. I think phone will get overloaded if we have more apps so I deleted all her apps and kept it in stock condition.
If we look at whole population people like me are very few so App will be handy for majority of the population. App should not be just for LC. it should be able to cover all makes for it to be on the top of every ones mind.

Karl, Recently car was showing oil change, tyre change message on the satnav screen. This was set a year ago or long before that. I changed battery in between but it didnt get erased. My guess is that these reminders wont get erased.

What if the battery is out for a day? :)

I mean it might have some capacitors to keep power to the storage for a few mins, but longer than that? Or it might be writing the data to non volatile storage like an SD card or something, in which case it will be OK.

I remember seeing a similar system on a lexus RX (I think you've got one of those?) but if the battery was off that for any period, the radio would lose everything!

Personally, I wouldn't trust it as the only record!

The 120 and 100's sold in the UK have this too, and it does seem to survive a battery change(?) So I don't know what sort of a backup it has.

What does the digital milage meter do?

seeing a similar system on a lexus RX
Yes you are right. After I changed battery, seat memory gets erased. Lexus dealers will promptly call every year to book service. They look after our car as if it’s their car. Peace of mind. Toyota is not that relaxed ownership.

digital milage meter
I went n checked now. Yes it’s digital mileage meter so if it’s not changed, t chances are maintenance systems will remain. It seem to be working as it’s calculating miles and year. Next time will test by disconnecting battery for few days

Attachments

• A83D50E3-B748-4DA0-B2AB-8D52C39E86A5.jpeg
    A83D50E3-B748-4DA0-B2AB-8D52C39E86A5.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 23
I tip ex the mileage and date of when a component was installed onto the item itself.

Back