Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Many thanks to Roy Duffy of 4X4obsession.co.uk for a great weekend

But having looked for the switch location on google just to be sure , then gone out to the truck guess what

I have 2 hazard light switches !?!

Great write up, know the place well as organised a few events up there, went early last year
so much to do, you can’t do it in a day :)

Great video Tim, you should be proud of that. Personally, I’d prefer to hear your engine and banter than the music, JMHO. Lovely looking truck mate :thumbup:

But having looked for the switch location on google just to be sure , then gone out to the truck guess what

I have 2 hazard light switches !?!

maybe one of them is an added CDL switch Shayne, it is a known conversion...

Yup first "hazard" switch lights up locked CDL and ABS warning , so why disconnect at the gearbox ?

Not sure where to start with the rear that won't lock though , no loose ground around here that i know of to play on and i really feel hard of pulling apart something that looks to be in good nick .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oh, there was a day 2 where we went laning, I have a couple of vids on my phone that I'll get to but it seems I only got out to take photos once so......
20200126_135832.jpg
20200126_135850.jpg
20200126_135919.jpg
20200126_135953.jpg

We filled up with diesel and headed for the pay n play site. Some of the views on the way in.there were many gates to open and close before we got there but luckily....
View attachment 163567 View attachment 163568 someone remembered to bring a gate bitch with them :)View attachment 163569 sorry... there was a land rover presentView attachment 163570 after a chat with the guy in charge we followed shayne up a steep, rocky incline which would have been crap.to reverse back down, luckily there was a tree blocking the exit
View attachment 163571
They both laughed at the size of my saw but once they'd had a go with it they were mighty impressed and the tree was soon moved out the wayView attachment 163572
Bit of a leeny bit but due to the lr being skinny it disnt look as impressive as the cruisers squeezing through (videos later, no piccys)View attachment 163573 View attachment 163574
Roy had lost his phone and after a wee run found it back at the chopped treeView attachment 163575
A view of somewhere I dont know the name of...View attachment 163576 View attachment 163577 View attachment 163578
And a water run that the organiser tried to get us to go through as soon as we arrived, and then showed video of two range rovers dieing whilst trying to attempt it.View attachment 163579

That photo looks like Barmouth to me Nick...

Yup first "hazard" switch lights up locked CDL and ABS warning , so why disconnect at the gearbox ?

Not sure where to start with the rear that won't lock though , no loose ground around here that i know of to play on and i really feel hard of pulling apart something that looks to be in good nick .

What you’re disconnecting at the gearbox is an auto CDL when you go into LO.

When disconnected, you can drive in LO with the CD open and then if you want to lock it, hit the dash switch.

My 24v has no CDL switch just goes in automatically when you put it in low box

Mines obviously been modified David hence it has 2 hazard switches one of which is the cdl .

I've got 2 hazard switches too but one has a label CDL I fitted it.

Being able to use low without the Cdl locked is really handy tbh. Can drive down lanes at low speed, low revs and quietly (currently a bit loud as seem to have no baffles in the exhaust)
Most of the time I trundle along lanes in low, start in 2nd and leave in drive its effortless on rocky lanes.

Your rear locker motor magnets might have come off in the housing. That'll stop it working.

My 12v Auto has one .. But the 24v manual doesn't.. The 24v is badged up as a GX Amazon... Is it an Auto/ Manual thing depending on weather they do or don't...

Mine has the CDL switch fitted at a later date. (before i got it)

ok, so i had a little play, dunno what i'm doing but hey ho, this is from last years visit with Roy.

I actually did something and I didn't have to leave it running over night......Woo Woo!

ok, so i had a little play, dunno what i'm doing but hey ho, this is from last years visit with Roy.

I actually did something and I didn't have to leave it running over night......Woo Woo!

Nice work Nick that was a great weekend too!!! We will need to get another planned in when your sorted!!!

Cheers
Roy

Back